Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting System Information - takes a long time

Hi,
    I'm trying to set up and run some tests, nothing special, just disk, memory, cpu with very little configuration change from what you see. Once you press go I get the 'Collecting system information' dialog with the recommendation to wait until it has finished collecting. I did leave it collecting and left the server for 15 mins whilst I ran a test. I came back to the server and it was still collecting system information.
    When I press continue the tests start up and run fine.

The server is a new Proliant Win2008R2 with 128GB RAM

Has anyone got any idea what could be wrong or are there any logs I can look at to see for myself?
    Thanks
    Paul

You can launch BurnInTest with the command line parameter "-u" to put it into debug mode, this will create a debug.trace file, and another timestamped .trace file when the test begins, in the users documents folder (eg C:\Users\Test\Documents\PassMark\BurnInTest).

If you send us a copy of these files we might be able to identify which part of system information process is causing the issue.

Comment

Thanks Tim. I have the logs ready zipped up but don't seem to have any permissions to add attachments. I have looked through all the settings but cannot see anywhere I can enable them - can you help?

Comment

You can E-mail them to us.

Comment

Thanks David, I have just sent an email with the attachments.

Comment

Working...
          X