Linux command runapp line questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux command runapp line questions

First a bit of background. I am setting up a burn in rack for 30+ Linux computers. The computers are command line only, no support for a desktop environment or GUI applications. We'll have a command and control computer that will ssh into each computer and run the command line version of burnintest in parallel with a temp logging and alarming script that we wrote. Any issues on a test computer should alert the command and control computer via a UDP message being sent by echo. The operators could then receive the message and pull the unit off the rack and disposition it as passed or failed.

We are still currently building scripts using eval versions of BurnInTest, as we are waiting for for purchasing dept to get us licensed copies. So, there may be software restrictions currently in place.

So far, I am unable to get the Post Test Actions to work. In this example, I am trying to run one of two commands at completion of a 2 minute quick hardware check, QuickPmarkPass or QuickPmarkFail. These commands are bash scripts that send pre-formed messages to the C&C computer so that it can ssh into the test unit and download log files for further parsing and archiving. I've tested my commands and they work, but I can't get burnintest to execute them. Any idea what I am missing? The excerpt from my config file is below:

Code:
    ## Post Test Action
    #<PostTest>

##Auto stop action when tests have passed Stop, RunApp, Reboot
    AutoStopPassed RunApp
    ##Manual stop action when tests have passed Stop, RunApp
    #ManualStopPassed Stop
    ##If using AutoStopPassed RunApp this is the path of the file or script to launch before exiting
    ExternalPathPassed QuickPmarkPass
    ##If using AutoStopPassed RunApp this is the paramters to pass to the application being launched
    #ExternalParmasPassed paramters
    #UseSystemBeepPassed
    #DisplayResultsPassed

##Auto stop action when tests have failed Stop, RunApp, Reboot
    AutoStopFailed RunApp
    ##Manual stop action when tests have failed Stop, RunApp
    #ManualStopFailed Stop
    ##If using AutoStopPassed RunApp this is the path of the file or script to launch before exiting
    ExternalPathFailed QuickPmarkFail
    ##If using AutoStopPassed RunApp this is the paramters to pass to the application being launched
    #ExternalParmasFailed paramters

Are you using the most recent build of BurnInTest Linux (V4.0 build 1004) as there was a bug fix relating to the execution of post test external applications.

Comment

Yes, v4.0 (1004) Aug 2 2018 13:31:20. Does my config file look correct? I've never seen an example of how to do this in Linux so I could very well be missing something.

Comment

I've just noticed the PostTestflag is commented out with '#' (#<PostTest>) so BurnInTest will not process that section, so if you remove the '#' is your script executed correctly?

Comment

It works!! I had to un-comment the PostTest lines top and bottom and also had to remove the quotes that I had around the command that I was running. The config below works perfectly!! I ended up passing parameters. Those had to be in quotes to work as it was a text string.

Thanks for the help!
          -Chris.

Code:
          ## Post Test Action
          [COLOR=#FF0000]<PostTest>[/COLOR]

##Auto stop action when tests have passed Stop, RunApp, Reboot
          [COLOR=#FF0000]AutoStopPassed RunApp[/COLOR]
          ##Manual stop action when tests have passed Stop, RunApp
          #ManualStopPassed Stop
          [COLOR=#FF0000]ExternalPathPassed QuickPmarkPass[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#FF0000]ExternalParmasPassed "hardware check passed"[/COLOR]
          #UseSystemBeepPassed
          #DisplayResultsPassed

##Auto stop action when tests have failed Stop, RunApp, Reboot
          [COLOR=#FF0000]AutoStopFailed RunApp[/COLOR]
          ##Manual stop action when tests have failed Stop, RunApp
          #ManualStopFailed Stop
          [COLOR=#FF0000]ExternalPathFailed QuickPmarkFail[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#FF0000]ExternalParmasFailed "hardware check failed" [/COLOR]
          #UseSystemBeepFailed
          #DisplayResultsFailed

[COLOR=#FF0000]</PostTest>[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X