X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xerces8
    replied
    Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

3) Do you have any spare RAM available? As the initial error might be a real error. (i.e. 1 real error provokes all the other false errors). If you don't have any spare RAM, can you try 1 stick at a time and see if the behaviour is different between the sticks.
    I have 2 sets of RAM (2x2GB and 2x4GB) and the 2x2GB should be not defective, I used them for a year.

The multi CPU error frenzy happens with them too. (and again, no error in single thread mode).

I'll post more info later today.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    The MemTest86+ code was split off a long time back, but a fair amount of it is still common, at least in the V4.2 releases. I can't really comment on the MemTest86+ V5.0 release as the MemTest86+ developer hasn't released any source code, in violation of the GPL license.

To start with,

1) Would it be possible to post or E-mail us a screen shot.

2) In the MemTest86 config window, can you turn on 'Individual errors', under the 'error report mode' setting. Then also press Scroll Lock to stop the display scrolling. Then the first error should be visible on screen. Can you also send / post a screen shot showing this first error.

3) Do you have any spare RAM available? As the initial error might be a real error. (i.e. 1 real error provokes all the other false errors). If you don't have any spare RAM, can you try 1 stick at a time and see if the behaviour is different between the sticks.

Do the above on V4.3 beta, rather than V4.2.

Leave a comment:

• xerces8
    started a topic multi CPU test fails / single CPU mode passes

multi CPU test fails / single CPU mode passes

Hi!

I noticed that in multi CPU mode (the default) I get a lot of errors (starting in test #3, going over 65535 in few seconds) on my PC, but in single CPU mode it runs for long times with no errors detected (hours).

It is the same with v4.2.0 and the 4.3.0 beta.

I start them from CD.

HW details:
    Intel Core i5-2320
    Northbridge Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09
    Southbridge Intel H61 rev. B3

2x 2GB DDR3 1333 CL 9

Mainboard Model MS-7728 (MSI OEM, the PC is a Medion P5350 D (MD8895) )
    gfx card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 530

Interestingly, the memtest86+ v5.0.0 RC1 behaves similarly. Maybe they share the same code?
Working...
X