Error on test 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on test 7

I've begun upgrading my old hardware and I've had a slew of issues.

At first the pc booted up fine, I played a game for about an hour and it cut out abruptly, no blue screen just out. I rebooted and before I could log into windows it did that again. I took memtest with both sticks, got a big fat fail on 7, then I tested each individually, one test froze and I had to force the pc off, second one PC would turn on but yield no visuals.

I've since returned the motherboard for a different one because it was acting strange but maybe these test results are a result of the motherboard, maybe it's the ram?

​​​​​​​http://imgur.com/a/0nedhFh

Hardware is

MSI 2060 [NEW]

ASUS B550+ WIFI TUF [NEW]

2x 16GB SILICON POWER (I forget their exact name but I can edit with it later) 3200mhz [NEW]

5600x Ryzen 5 [NEW]

Cx750m power supply [FROM MY OTHER MACHINE]

GTX 650ti super (used for testing when no video output)

Probably a bit inconclusive to call.
    Would have been good to see the HTML report referenced in your screen shot.
    Would have been good to try a different memory slot on motherboard.
    And also maybe to disable CPU Core 6 in MemTest86 (assuming most or all of the errors were on Core 6).

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Probably a bit inconclusive to call.
      Would have been good to see the HTML report referenced in your screen shot.
      Would have been good to try a different memory slot on motherboard.
      And also maybe to disable CPU Core 6 in MemTest86 (assuming most or all of the errors were on Core 6).

I tested several different slots, sorry I forgot to mention but the tests froze up eventually when doing that.

New motherboard should arrive in a day or two, thank you so much for your response I'll try to get the html file for you

Comment

Here is the html file I was able to generate

https://imgur.com/a/1cmw7sS

Comment

I would lean towards it being a CPU fault.
          But I guess you'll find out in a few days once you get the new motherboard.

Comment

Motherboard just arrived, should have it up and running in a few days. Seems strange it'd be cpu if it didn't fail any of those tests.

Comment

So I hooked it up, and I can't even get to post or bios or anything. There is a white vga light on and I've called asus support and they've honestly been of very little help.

Any suggestions? They said the ram might not be compatible but I got it to boot once before so that seems strange and hard to believe. Any forums or places you recommend it you don't know what I can do?

Comment

Do you have any spare RAM to try (or borrow from a friends machine)?

Do you check for bent CPU pins. Check that all power supply connections were reconnected? Check the video card PSU connection was made (if required). Check the heat sink & fan on the CPU.

Do you have a spare CPU to try from same family?

In some cases old BIOS prevents some new Ryzen CPUs booting as well. And of course you can't update the BIOS as the machine won't boot. See
                https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-105

Comment

Box said it's ready for the 5600, and I didn't see any bent pins. Gonna try someone's ram and see if that helps, if not just gonna return the motherboard and get an entirely different one.

Comment

Again, I would lean towards it being a CPU fault.

Comment

Working...
                    X