Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM errors but PC working fine

Hi all,
    I have a Ryzen 3600 system with 16gb Corsair 2400 RAM that is erroring. The other day I was doing some general diagnostics and checks on this PC, for no reason other than to see how healthy my hardware was.
    ​This machine works solidly, no crashes (ever), runs fast and is reliable. So imagine my surprise when I saw memory errors.

First run showed a couple on Test 7 and 8 (CPU 2). I tried again and it showed one on Test 4, so I tried test 4 separately and it came back clear. These were using all CPUs in parallel. It also reported CPU10 as a problem one time.

I then tried today to run it with CPU mode set to single and it found 1 in test 4, 2 in test 7 and 1 in test 8 (CPU 0).

It all seems to be the first RAM chip. They don't run in dual channel, because the chassis and CPU cooler don't allow it, and the system is just used for multimedia playback, so its fine not running in dual channel. It's not the same address range each time either.

​​​​I'm just trying to figure out if there is an incorrect setting or something I should look for... I know it's hard for people to tell when they can't see the PC. I'm able to concede the possibility that the chip is failing or weak, but I suppose my concern is that recently I've used it to dub, edit and write to DVD, some old VHS tapes of mine. I'm hoping that it hasn't caused any undetected corruption or errors that I'll find later down the track, as it's impossible to test each file and disc..
    I suppose that's my main worry here. They all burnt and verified without issue, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bad write in any of them.

Any thoughts on what scale these errors could cause corruption? Usually, in my experience, when RAM fails it sends the screen into a full on torrent of errors.

I've attached a few sample pictures, i dont have the logs as they wouldn't save.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ironhorse; Jun-18-2024, 11:02 AM.
Working...
X