Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSF 8 build 1003 - "Email"

Hello,

When I launch OSF 8 1003, a window pops up stating "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

Once I click "ok" on the aforementioned pop up window, OSF launches and runs fine.

My workstation is running Windows 10 Pro version 2004, build 19041.630

Under Settings > Default Apps, Email is associated with the built in Windows Mail application.

Yes, it is a bug (of sorts).

We added a new feature in OSF to export Emails from PST files to MSG files. The most reliable way to do this was to use the built in MAPI interface in Windows / Office. So at startup there was a check done to see if MAPI is available, if not some less reliable fall-back code is used for Email exporting. It seems this check sometimes throws the error you saw. We saw it on one of our machines as well yesterday. So the message isn't directly from OSF and is wrong in any case.

In the next OSF patch, maybe this week, we are going to move that checking process out of the start up process and into the export function. So even if MAPI does throw that strange error most people won't see it. (the error can be ignored in all cases).

Comment

Working...
    X