Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Access denied while trying to mount physical disk, on release, other suggestions done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keith
    replied
    We weren't able to reproduce the issue with mounting an image on a network location.

Are you able to mount an arbitrary image on a local disk?
    What protocol is the NAS device using? (NFS? SMB?)

Leave a comment:

• Access denied while trying to mount physical disk, on release, other suggestions done

I am trying to mount a whole physical disk, raw image (dd of full image) on my PC. Installed OSFmount from scratch as it was my first time. Everything went smooth, rebooted and all seemed ok.
    Tried to mount the drive and whatever I try I will get a simple "Error creating virtual disk: Access denied" while trying to mount it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	283
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	50320

I tried with command line tool from an admin cmd, same result. I even tried reinstalling the driver through the inf file manually but still no luck.

Maybe, my issue lies with the fact that my image resides on a nas (so \\mynasdomain\path\to\share\folder\image.img ) but I would suppose that considering the software this is something mostly normal and even if not thought from the get to it would have been already an issue. I have no further ideas so any help will be appreciated.

(PS: I tried as HDD, as removable etc no luck either)
Working...
X