Allocation Unit Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allocation Unit Size?

Hi, is it possible to specify a custom allocation unit size in OSFMount for RAM drives? If not could this be a feature in the future?

You can specify a custom allocation size for the RAM drive by right clicking the drive in OSFMount or File Explorer, select Format... , change Allocation unit size and Start. Note that this will wipe all data on the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      You can specify a custom allocation size for the RAM drive by right clicking the drive in OSFMount or File Explorer, select Format... , change Allocation unit size and Start. Note that this will wipe all data on the drive.
      I know, but there's several problems with that. I usually use the command line to mount RAM drives and prefer using exFAT. If I don't specify that the drive is removable Windows won't give me an option to format it as exFAT. Attempting to make it removable with exFAT causes a formatting error when creating a RAM drive both from the GUI and command line. Over all it's an inconvenience to do it manually.

Comment

Working...
      X