Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jniles
    replied
    my error was a 1 time deal and I have not had the issue again,I have ran test multiple times

however I cant confirm if this was hardware related (i had not changed any settings between failed test and good test)

or

software related(had done a boatload of updated and installing in between test)

also I was prime95 and memtest86 stable before the error and while my chip runs a wee bit warm (51c load) I dont believe that was it

I have not had any hardware instabillity issues @ all

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Can you tell me if the crash address is always the same (0x7c91084b)?

Does it happen if you run the CPU tests one at a time? Which one(s) does it happen on?

The fact that is appears to be somewhat random while the CPU is under load is an indicator that is could be a hardware issue (e.g. heat) but we are happy to have a look at the software if we can narrow the problem down a bit.

Dual core systems put out a lot of heat when both cores are running (as would be the case for the CPU test), so you need to check the CPU temps and your cooling. Is this a home built system of brand name Dell, HP, etc.. ?

------
    David

Leave a comment:

• jbutler813
    replied
    I have the exact same problem. I also have a dual core system.

Athlon 64 X2 3800
    Gigabyte K8N-SLi
    4x512 pc3200
    bfg 7800 GT OC

I don't get the error under PT 5.0, only 6.0, and only under the CPU tests, not always on the same one.

I just tested it, and I only get the error when processes is set to 2.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    There are no known problems like this with the CPU test in PerformanceTest 6.

I did a search on Google for you using the crash address, 0x7c91084b.

Many people have this same crash, but none of them with PerformanceTest. So it would seem to be hardware issue.

Many people suggested a lot of crazy solutions. But in my mind the following sounded the most plausible.

Quote from, http://www.winxptalk.com/ftopic77077.html

I had this same problem about a year ago. I was getting the same error messages you are. I came here a posted the problem and a lot of very knowledgably and extremely helpful people gave me a lot of great advice.

Unfortunately, none of it worked. I was first told to change memory, then video card, and then drivers and on and on.

It ended up being an overheaing problem. I had finally given up and took into a shop, and was very embarrassed when the tech said the heatsink was clogged with dust. He also said the fan was not turning at a high enough RPM. He cleaned the heatsink and replaced the fan and it was fixed.

So, before you trash your system, or start buying parts, checks to make sure you're not overheating. It may be that you have a different problem, but check that first if you haven't already.

Jack

==================
    UPDATE:
    WE NO LONGER THINK THE PROBLEM IS HARDWARE OR HEAT RELATED, WE THINK IT IS A OPERATING SYSTEM BUG PROVOKED BY DUAL CORE PC's. YOU CAN SKIP READING SOME OF THE POSTS BELOW AND SKIP TO WHAT WE THINK IS THE REAL SOLUTION.
    ==================

Leave a comment:

• jniles
    started a topic cpu error access violation at 0x7c91084b dual core

cpu error access violation at 0x7c91084b dual core

New system build

opteron 165 dual core
    epox 9npa+ sli
    2x512 pc3200 ballistix ram
    evga 7800 gt (single)

all at stock speeds

I keep getting error code on cpu test;

"access violation at 0x7c91084b(tried to write to 0x00030ffc)"

I am trying to establish a base line before I overclock and to make sure everything is good at stock
Working...
X