X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve50
    replied
    Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
    Assuming the baseline you are comparing against is using the same video card it could be a number of factors.

- Overheating
    - Different device driver versions
    - Different settings in the video card device control panel (quality vs speed).
    - 3rd party software interfering, this might be anything from malware to Windows skinning applications.
    - You have your video card in the wrong PCI-E slot (e.g. x1 instead of x16)
    Thanks for the feedback, now regarding your ideas.

I don't think its overheating as I've had the catalyst control center open when I've been playing games and the gpu is averaging at 60-62c which I don't think is bad for a gpu.

I can't comment on different versions but I'm running the latest drivers now and when I click on 'check for updates' it tells me I'm running the latest.

Right now there is very little installed on this pc as I reinstalled Windows about a week ago, I run very few programs and no fancy or pointless things like skins or such. also in my gpu control options I have put all the options to 'high performance', didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm 99% sure the card is in the right slot, I put it in the same slot I took the old one out of, I believe its the top slot.

This is really puzzling me, normally I'd go and buy a new graphics card as this is pretty old anyway but right now I'm unsure if the gpu is the problem and so am not willing to throw money at it, if it won't improve.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Assuming the baseline you are comparing against is using the same video card it could be a number of factors.

- Overheating
    - Different device driver versions
    - Different settings in the video card device control panel (quality vs speed).
    - 3rd party software interfering, this might be anything from malware to Windows skinning applications.
    - You have your video card in the wrong PCI-E slot (e.g. x1 instead of x16)

Leave a comment:

• Steve50
    started a topic Gpu Problems?

Gpu Problems?

Hello,

I've been having fps problems in most of my games so I downloaded your software and ran a test. Then I did a comparison with a similar system and I'm close with most the stuff but my gpu is VERY low. Can you explain why?

My system:-

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
    4gb Ram
    Radeon HD 4670 1gb
    AMD Athlon II X4 (quad core 4x 2.5ghz) 620.

Image below shows my system is close until the 3d mark, which is very low.

Can you tell me what might be causing it?

Thank you

Working...
X