Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Issues like bent pins generally result in the PC not booting at all, or very frequent crashes (but they run at normal speed otherwise).
    It's unusual to to have the machine work, but work slowly. I wonder which pin it was that was bent?

Leave a comment:

• soccernut205
    replied
    Took apart the PC, went to reseat the processor, and noticed that one of the pins was bent. Mystery solved.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Yes, the results are pretty low. Something is wrong.

To start with go through this post
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Leave a comment:

• Computer really slow, underperforming on all tests

Hi everyone,

Approximately 2 months ago, my desktop started giving me various issues. First, it would sometimes not start up. So I thought that the power supply was faulty. I replaced the power supply (750 W), and now the computer boots up (mostly, once even with the new power supply it did not boot up).

Here are the screenshots of all of my tests. My cpu is cooled by a Corsair liquid cooling system H80iGT, my gpu came with a corsair liquid cooling system. The only parts that seem hotter than usual are the hard disks, and that's probably because I have 5 of them raided, plus 1 SSD. But the HDD temps are different when I look at my Corsair Link - there the temps are between 25-35 Celsius.

I have no idea what's going on. My biggest guess might be that there's something wrong with the CPU. Any thoughts?

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 (stock 4ghz)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 4x8GN DDR3 1866 MT/s PC3-14900
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Sea Hawk X
    Main HDD: Intel SSD
    Attached Files
Working...
X