Low Memory and Gpu scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Memory and Gpu scores

Hello, recently I bought a Gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb (9000 3d score, and even 10000+ score on a 3gb model on youtube) Mine only gets 7600 maximum, I tried everything overclocking cpu, gpu, not a diference repeated tests numerous times, nothing. I have an amd fx 8350 (9700-10000 score on passmark) an four identical Kingston Hyperx 1600 Mhz 4gb Ram (16gb total) First I had only a 4 gb stick with 8600 cpu points but same 7600 gpu score. 2D: 4 times lower score, memory 1300 points, saw on youtube: 3000points with an intel cpu. I read a lot of answer with "better intel memory controller" but I don't think that a processor with same passmark score can perform 2.5 times better with the memory. I have an Asrock 970 extreme 3 rev.2, and an 750W power source. vrm temps fine on stock cpu frequency, Please help cause I think i'm loosing alot, thank you in advance!

You have matched up a 6 year old CPU with a 18 month old video card. So I would think the CPU is now the bottle neck for 3D, especially a low resolutions.

Yes, the old AMD chips had a poor memory controller. They won't come close to the Intel chips for memory bandwidth. (in real life the cache in the CPU hides the low bandwidth to some degree).

but I don't think that a processor with same passmark score can perform 2.5 times better with the memory
    You didn't mention which Intel CPU you are comparing it to. But it is possible it was twice as fast. The fx 8350 had a high core count for the era so it could do well in the CPU tests even if the memory bandwidth wasn't great and the single threaded performance on 1 core wasn't great either.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      You have matched up a 6 year old CPU with a 18 month old video card. So I would think the CPU is now the bottle neck for 3D, especially a low resolutions.

Yes, the old AMD chips had a poor memory controller. They won't come close to the Intel chips for memory bandwidth. (in real life the cache in the CPU hides the low bandwidth to some degree).

You didn't mention which Intel CPU you are comparing it to. But it is possible it was twice as fast. The fx 8350 had a high core count for the era so it could do well in the CPU tests even if the memory bandwidth wasn't great and the single threaded performance on 1 core wasn't great either.
      Thank you for the help sir! I tried finding again that video, is like it dissapeard, i found id randomly, but i remember it was an older model also... my work colegue has an Q9400 with an 1050 TI very old mother board and mixed low frequency ram obtains the right scores, not 40% lower gpu, or 50% slower ram like I do...

Comment

Working...
      X