No announcement yet.

Low 2D Performance scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few days ago I was benchmarking my new system and was getting 630 for 2D.

Now I can only get about 450. I cant see what has changed on my system. All other scores are as good as before.
    Drivers haven't changed. No updates.
    It's a 3090 and is shown way below where it should be.
    Model average is 990? What could be set wrong that has lowered 2D so drastically?

Thanks much

Comment

Originally posted by maddabbo View Post
      A few days ago I was benchmarking my new system and was getting 630 for 2D.

Now I can only get about 450. I cant see what has changed on my system. All other scores are as good as before.
      Drivers haven't changed. No updates.
      It's a 3090 and is shown way below where it should be.
      Model average is 990? What could be set wrong that has lowered 2D so drastically?

Thanks much
      It could be something running in the brackground that may have reduced the score.

As for the overall low score, could be that your particular GPU driver version can result in lower scores. Or when used in combination with something else. (particular hardware, or overclocking settings, or some 3rd party software).

Comment

Today i tested again my Commputer fairly recent Ryzen System on Windows 7 64Bit with Passmark 9 and Passmark 10;
        as one can see, on Passmark 9 the 2D Test gives 5 Stars, and on Passmark 10 "0" Stars, with the same graphics card; it would be nice if the software could factor in some missing API, as it seems the low 2D number weighs down totally the whole Score;
        Thanks.

PSMark09

Click image for larger version

Name:	passmark10T400NOSPECTRE.png
Views:	61
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	52631

Attached Files

Comment

Windows 7 market share is now under 1% of our users and falling each month.

Graphs are here,
          https://www.pcbenchmarks.net/os-marketshare.html

We aren't going to go back and try and improve things for Win7 at this point for PerformanceTest V10. Win7 is missing some of the more modern graphical features, like in built PDF handling and DirectX features that are in Win10.

Maybe just compare your machine using other PerformanceTest V9 results for an apples to apples comparision.

Comment

There just has to be something weird going on with the 2D Performance Scores, what else is needed to figure this out? Game Mode On, 3D GPU Acceleration on in Windows 11.

CPU Type 14-Core Intel Core i9-7940X, 4500 MHz (45 x 100) Motherboard Name Asus Prime X299-A II (2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x4, 3 PCI-E x16, 3 M.2, 8 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN) Motherboard Chipset Intel Kaby Point X299, Intel Skylake-X System Memory 65217 MB (DDR4 SDRAM)
            nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Monitor Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB] (29121) Monitor HDMI88 (28121605)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2D_Graphics.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	52659

Comment

updated with screenshots.

Comment

EverStaR, the results aren't all that bad for a 5 year old CPU. Not great I agree. But not truly awful either.

The i9-7940X was a super hot (temperature) CPU, even before any overclocking. Makes me wonder if the overclocking is hurting rather than helping.

Comment

Working...
                X