Better Results Layout Page wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Results Layout Page wanted

1. When looking at the results after a test, most of the information is hidden until you click on that category, when a screenshot is taken, all the data is not lost because its not clickable anymore. In the picture the memory tab is clicked and there is more good info than the final memory mark (6 boxes). Of these 6 boxes, 2 are duplicates, the other 4 could be put on a single row and all this data on all the tabs should be shown at once (or at least an option to do so). The giant tach while it looks cool takes up a large amount of space, it could be done in the space of the boxes on the left (maybe in bar graph form with colors). Look at all the black wasted space in the picture, this space should contain results.

2. Also when the test is running, the current status sits right onto top of the passed test results, so you have to wait till it finishes to see them. You should be able to see the results as each test finishes.
    Attached Files

New to the forum, here is the two attached files above, no need to d/l them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Passmark-1.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	47178

Name:	Passmark-2.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	47179

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.
      It is a big effort to restructure the user interface.
      If there was enough demand we would look at it.

You can also export all the results from the File menu.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        How about just use the current display format, but an option to display them all at once (all Items expanded), it would be a little taller of course and not much coding at all?

What about question #2?

You can also export all the results from the File menu
        Not in the trial version.

I just found passmark in December (noob), I was researching my next PC build, collected data on cpu price (newegg, Tiger, Ebay, and Ali) and preformance numbers (ended up with e5-2689/32gb/mb/rx580 for $260, totally happy), then my bro wanted one, So I figured I would sell him this one and step it up a notch, Then V10 showed up without warning, I was scratching my head all my data was all screwy, I was pretty bummed (and the uproar in the forums) all my numbers written down and memory was tossed, I think it would of been wiser to keep the current numbers and mainly increase the numbers on the faster systems (not slower as majority of cpu's seemed to take a hit), just imo.

Yes, we can use the v9 data, but the links to the cpus dont work in there any more, pretty annoying, just more work for the same result. I guess I showed up a couple months to early. Thanks for your replies.

Comment

I think it would of been wiser to keep the current numbers and mainly increase the numbers on the faster systems
          The only way this could happen would be if we changed nothing.
          i.e. never release any new software.

Any new code will result in some winners are some losers, especially if new CPU features are used. If we did release a new version that changed none of the rankings for any CPUs then, by definition, there would be no point releasing new software. The V9 code was largely similar to the V8 code (V9 was more about UI changes than algorithm changes). So we held the benchmarks more or less the same for 8 years.

Comment

If cpu A =10,000 in v9 and can't do the new v10 instructions, then it should still be the same 10,000, cpu B that can do the new instructions should be higher, not lower the older ones with 8 year history, this is why so many are upset.

Were getting off topic, how about:

2. Also when the test is running, the current status sits right onto top of the passed test results, so you have to wait till it finishes to see them. You should be able to see the results as each test finishes.

3. How about just use the current display format, but an option to display them all at once (all Items expanded), it would be a little taller of course and not much coding at all?

thanks

Comment

this is why so many are upset
              I disagree. We had around 20 people complain. But that is out of around 5M users over the last month (so 0.0004% of users). And from those 20 complaints only about 5 had a rational argument. We get a fair amount of irrational abuse.

And if we changed all the results of the newer CPUs (e.g. all CPUs made in the last 5 years) then I am 100% sure it would have been worse. People pay a lot more attention to the new CPUs currently for sale than the old ones.

If you make the window slightly bigger then the test status window won't cover the results. See,

Name:	Results.png
Views:	315
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	47252

Comment

Working...
              X