Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnin test 5.3 system freeze for 30min then recovers

Hi, My system is ATI RS600 platform/intel 641 CPU/DDRII667 512MB *2,
    the system is freeze for 30 min.when running Burn-in 5.3, the system did not hang up, but just freeze for a while.

Finally, the passmark result is pass.

Do you have any commnend about this situation? Can we say the system pass the test under this?

Freezing for 30 minutes is no good.

Download and run 3DMark for a few hours and see what happens.
    the system could be overheating, i.e. not enough CPU Grease, too much CPU grease, dust in the CPU or VGA heatsink fan, bad memory, or too fast memory timings.

The System Memory (RAM) is one of the most crucial parts towards system stability, bad memory can cause BSOD's, hanging, rebooting, and other problems.
    Download and run Memtest for 2 hours and see how it goes. www.memtest.org

Also update the Video Card drivers, in case BurnIn test doesnt like the curent graphcis drivers

Comment

I'd be more inclined to disable power options that may be trying to send the machine into sleep/hibernate mode, as well as switching off your screensaver.
      Increase your Page File to 2560MB (2.5x1024) and have a look into the BIOS to see if anything in there, in the way of power saving/options, is causing the PC to lock up.
      I've noticed that turning S3 off prevents your symptoms.

Comment

I would also try and isolate what test causes the issue. Is it just the RAM test for example? Or maybe just the 3D test?

Comment

Hi CJ thanks your information,but I already tried the 3DMARK06 and MEMTEST86 have not any error.
          BTW, this case happen on VISTA only.

Comment

Hi,I already try other CPU and intel G33 platform can find this issue too, but if I disable the HD test item, the testing it's fine.

Comment

I think you are saying that you can just run the HD test and get a 30min lockup. And the lockup is a complete lock up, not just a sluggish system.

This is not normal behaviour and you either a hardware problem, BIOS or device driver problem. Needless to say, that if you think it is a HD problem, then testing your RAM and 3D performance isn't going to prove anything.

Comment

Actually I have seen this problem before in Vista, when running BurnInTest, the machine will appear to freeze for a few minutes, with the HDD going crazy.

The problem was that the system only had 512MB of memory, and Vista was using virtual memory excessively. If you disable the memory test and 3D test, perhaps this will avoid BIT from using too much memory.

Comment

I describe the detail application and test procedure.
                  1. OS: Vista.
                  2. Platform: any platform and any CPU/Memory
                  3. Burn in test 5.3 teh test item is :CPU/Memory/3D/2D/HDD/.
                  based on before application I can find the screen freeze, only the mouse can to move. after about 5~30 minutes,test tool can continue the test than finished the test sycle and show PASS.
                  that's random issue,I cann't see any time.
                  thanks!

Comment

Hi PASSMARK'S,
                    do you have any update.
                    I need your informatios to fix this issue.
                    TKS!

Comment

This not a known problem. No other customer has reported freezing / unfreezing like you have described. You can get a short periods of the machine being very sluggish, as described by CJ, while the operating system extends the swap file, but this should not last for more than a few minutes and it should not be a total freeze.

As already suggested 2 weeks ago I would try and isolate what test causes the issue. Is it just the RAM test for example? Or maybe just the 3D test? If you don't want to make the effort to trace the problem we can't help you as we don't see the issue here (unless you wanted to send us an example of your hardware).

Comment

burn in 5.3 freeze and hung up issue

My system is AMD sigi CPU+ATI RX690/SB600 chipset+ATI M76M GPU+1GB DDR2-667 RAM+160GB SATA HDD
                        we run burn in 5.3 test, some system is freeze for 30min,then go on runing;but some system can not go on runing,they will hung up.
                        please help me .thanks.

Comment

Hi PassMark's

I meet the same problem as Sdiu description.(when run burnin 5.3,the screen freeze, only the mouse can to move. after about 5~30 minutes,test tool can continue the test than finished the test sycle and show PASS.)

my system platform is AMD S1G1+ATI RS690T+ATI M76 GPU+ SB600.

And the system run 3D and RSTP both ok. the temperature is about 70 degree will freeze happen.

Need your help!

Comment

Summeryang & Fuqunwang: You are obviously the same person (or sitting next to each other) as you have the same IP address as each other. I assume you posted this under two different names in a rather transparent attempt to make out that the problem is more wide spread that it really is?

Secondly your Chinese company has not licensed a copy of our software as far as I can see. If you are using a hacked up pirated copy of the software, then we can not provide any support.

Thirdly if you have a problem, you need to describe the problem IN DETAIL. What CPU, What O/S, What settings in BurnInTest, etc, etc...,

And as mentioned several times above, at least make half an attempt to isolate the problem yourself.

Comment

Burnin test 5.3 system freeze

Passmark:
                              FuqUNwang&I am colleagues.I must clarify that We are not post on the same issue purposely.After send out the issue,I just found that Fuqunwang has posted on.
                              If you can't provide any support, that's ok.
                              But you can't say such words just by your subjective judgement.

Comment

Working...
                              X