burn in has stop working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Ian:
    Did you think it is Microsoft software issue? Would you explain the reason?

thanks

Comment

To clarify, I still think the most likely issue is a fault in a software library (.dll) or device driver. When Software stops working like this, the Microsoft operating System has a mechnism to collect quite detailed technical information about this error. This information is sent to Microsoft when you select the "Send Error Report" button from the "BurnInTest has stopped working" Window. This sends a "MiniDump" of technical information about the failure to Microsoft. We get this information from Microsoft and using some tools can determine much more detail about where the problem is. So I was not suggesting it is a Microsoft software issue, but rather that you should sendn this information to Microsoft so we can get the MiniDump files to investigate further.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards,
      Ian

Comment

If you send us am email at, help [at] passmark [dot] com, then I will send you a debug version of BurnInTest to try.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

Hi, Ian:
          20 units run this version (1019 debug) over 48h, no find failing...
          Test items (CPU-maths, CPU-SIMD, 2D, 3D, Memory, disk, audio)

Comment

Can you try the release version of BurnInTest 5.3.1019, available here:
            http://www.passmark.com/ftp/bitpro.exe

Thanks.
            Ian

Comment

Hello, Ian:
              OK, I will try the release version (1019) program later.
              but should feedback another lot units test result with the debug version program. Total test 90 units, no find failing "Stop working", but there are 5 units disk test fail.

Test platform and configuration:
              Operating system: Windows Vista Business Edition Service Pack 1 build 6001
              Number of CPUs: 1 (2 Core(s)/CPU, 1 Logical(s)/Core)
              CPU manufacturer: GenuineIntel
              CPU type: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz
              CPU features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 DEP PAE
              CPU1 speed: 2793.0 MHz
              CPU L2 Cache: 6 MB
              RAM: 3000 MB
              Video card: Mobile Intel(R) GMA X4500HD (Resolution: 1024x768x32)
              Disk drive: Model Hitachi HTS543232L9A300 ATA Device (Size: 298.1GB)

Fail information:
              SERIOUS : 2007-12-25 20:49:49, Disk, C: Error while reading from the disk
              LOG NOTE: 2007-12-25 20:49:49, Disk, File: C:\BurnInTest test files\~bittestC00086, Block Size: 32768, Block Num: 7105, Ops: 58558873600, ErrorCode: 0x45d
              LOG NOTE: 2007-12-25 20:49:49, Disk , Disk Error (C: Error while reading from the disk in Cycle 85 with pattern High Low freq overwrite

Comment

You should not use the Debug version for commercial testing purposes, only for debugging specific problems.

The disk error just looks like a real disk problem.

Regards,
                Ian

Comment

Use the release verison (1019) program still appear 12 units fail. fail rate:12/300.
                  BurnInTest VersionV5.3 Pro 1019Computer NameFACT_PREMP-PCDate05/12/08 22:57:14Operating systemWindows Vista Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 build 6001Number of CPUs1 (2 Core(s)/CPU, 1 Logical(s)/Core)CPU manufacturerAuthenticAMDCPU typeAMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70CPU1 speed1999.6 MHzCPU L2 Cache:512 KBCPU featuresMMX 3DNow! SSE SSE2 SSE3 DEP PAE RAM1790 MBVideo cardATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphic (Resolution: 1024x768x32)Disk driveModel WDC WD25 00BEVS-22UST0 SCSI Disk Device (Size: 232.9GB)

Faulting application bit.exe, version 5.3.1019.0, time stamp 0x482d11f5, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x27262535, process id 0x7d0, application start time 0x01c8b4c2e6e536b1.
                  Faulting application bit.exe, version 5.3.1019.0, time stamp 0x482d11f5, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x2c2b2a30, process id 0x5ec, application start time 0x01c8b4be2fb3cdde.

Comment

I still think the most likely issue is a fault in a software library (.dll) or device driver, maybe a Vista related issue. To date I have been unable to get the debug reports from Microsoft for this specific error to see if that helps explain the cause. I can tell you that it broadly falls under a category of errors, StackHash_1703. If you Google "StackHash_1703" you will see that there are many reports of software with problems with this category (module unknown, hash of stack = 1703). This implies to me that there is a good chance that the problem is a Windows or common 3rd party software component.

Out of interest do you have Nero installed on these systems?

In the latest build of BurnInTest we have added our own generation of "minidump" files. Can you start using the new build, as it should produce debug files when a crash occurs and you can send these to us.

The latest version of 32-bit BurnInTest Pro, v5.3.1020, is available here:
                    http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Regards,
                    Ian

Comment

Build 1019/1020 will not found "stop working" issue

But there is a sound error at random rate on P45/G45/X38/P35/965 Platform

Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit + nVidia VGA Driver 175.16 or Ati VGA Driver 8-5

Is this two Build Version is a Debug Version ? And which Version Burn-in Test we should to use under Vista Ultimate SP1 Recently ?

Comment

Michael, a few points.

1) If you have a new issue, like a sound card error, please start a new thread in the forum. By posting unrelated issues in this existing thread you are only confusing everyone.

2) I know English probably isn't your first language, but nevertheless, you need to write something we can quickly understand. If we need to re-read it 4 times and guess at the problem, you can't expect an accurate reply from us.

3) Regardless of your language problems, saying there is a "sound error" isn't a adequate description of whatever your problem is.

You should use the latest version of the software. See the post by Ian above.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
                          I still think the most likely issue is a fault in a software library (.dll) or device driver, maybe a Vista related issue. To date I have been unable to get the debug reports from Microsoft for this specific error to see if that helps explain the cause.
                          Has there been any progress identifying this? There are a few threads about this sort of failure but none of them say whether it's been understood/fixed/worked around yet.

We're seeing this (and similar) bugs in a virtual-machine environment; normally I'd assume the bug is the hypervisor's fault but since it's happening on real hardware too it'd be great if we could work around it.

Cheers,

Tim.

Comment

tjd,

Like pretty much this entire thread, your post is too vague to provide any assistance.

We're seeing this (and similar) bugs..
                            This is NOT an adequate fault report. Especially in the context of this thread.

Put yourselves in our position. How on earth could we fix anything if the entire description of the problem is, "there is a bug"?

Here is a minimal list of information that is require for a fault report.
                            1. The software version.
                            2. The operating system version.
                            3. The hardware in question
                            4. A detailed description of the problem and how to reproduce it.
                            5. A copy of the result files / log files (if available).
                            6. Screen shots (if available)
                            7. What you have already tried to correct the problem.
                            8. Why you think the problem is with our software and not your hardware

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
                              tjd,
                              This is NOT an adequate fault report.
                              It wasn't intended to be a fault report, it was a question about a fault someone else reported. Burnintest turns up a bunch of hypervisor bugs for us (that's why we use it, it's great!) but right now we're having trouble knowing which of them are our fault and which might be blamed on this issue.

I can give you details of errors we've seen if you want, but I think it would make things more confusing for you, not less.

Cheers,

Tim.

Comment

The fact remains, the quality of our responses depends on the quality of the information provided.
                                Vague request = Vague response.

Comment

Working...
                                X