Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burn in program has stopped working (P35 platform)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn in program has stopped working (P35 platform)

I have two PCs based on Intel P35 chipset(with different configuration) running burn in program(5.3.1014) under Vista SP1, one machine can pass test ,but the other fail after running for 4 hours. The system would show that " burn in has stopped working ". Windows still alive.

Pass configuration : CPU E2160, MEM apacer DDR2 667, VGA 8600GTS

Fail configuration : CPU E6550, MEM Geil DDR2 800, VGA HD2400pro

burn in version:5.3.1014
    OS version: Vista SP1 (6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1)
    test items(13): CPU MATH /CPU SIMD/RAM/ 2D Graphics/ 3D Graphics/ Disk/Sound/Network1/Parallel Port/Video playback/ Serial Port1/Serial Port2/CD DVD

When burn in stopped , the system would show below information:

problem event name: appcrash
    application name: bit.exe
    application timestamp: 479fa8c3
    fault module name: stackhash_be31( stackhash_1703)
    fault module version: 0.0.0.0
    fault module timestamp: 0000 0000
    exception code: c000 0005
    exception offset: 5559 4f87 (2221 203a)
    locale ID: 1033

I have changed HD2400 pro to 8600GTS and found that the system can pass. But I am not sure whether the problem is related to VGA driver or ohter reason. I have installed latest ati 8-4 driver for HD 2400pro VGA, and 169.25 driver for 8600GTS . How to solve this problem?

my email:

com_bine@163.com

This is a Software error. The software error could occur in BurnInTest, a library BurnInTest uses (like DirectX), a device driver or the Windows Operating System. In some cases a hardware error can cause a software problem (like faulty RAM). I would say that in most cases it is BurnInTest exercising a Device driver with a bug.

We have had this problem reported a couple of times now, a software access violation at address 0x55594f87 and 0x2221203a. In all cases it has been on Vista SP1.

In one other case the problem seemed to be caused by the Disk test, so your test is interesting in that it shows the 2D or 3D test provokes the problem.

Can you try the test on the system where it fails with:
    1) Just the 3D test
    2) Just the 2D test
    3) Just the Disk test

This should help further point to where the problem is.

We have requested further information from Microsoft regarding this specific error. At this stage we beleive it is a device driver included in Vista SP1. I will update this post once we get the information from Micrsoft and investigate the information they send us.

This post is the same problem:
    http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...?t=1556&page=2

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

Working...
    X