Can't get Vista Ultimate x64 to quit freezing BCCode 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get Vista Ultimate x64 to quit freezing BCCode 24

I've tried everything updated all drivers don't know what's 'causing it if it's a hardware or software issue I've tried Burnin Test but a few minutes into it computer locks up. Sometimes I get a BSOD with FFFFFA60005EC180 no driver message. I'm runng an AMD dual processor and 2 Ati Radeon X1650 cards. I can't even run an animated background without it eventually crashing. Do I need to atach any files?
    Scott

4GB DDR2 - 800
    PoWork 680W ATX, AMD/SLI ready
    Vista Ultimate x64 on 500 GB dtive

If you post the full details from the BSOD it might help.

Otherwise I would try simplifying your config one step at a time and retesting each time. e.g. remove 1 video card, retest, remove 1 CPU, retest, remove half your RAM, retest, swap the video card with the one you just removed, retest, etc..

After that, if you don't find the problem, and assuming the PC was stable at some point in the past, I would do a clean install of Windows.

Comment

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033
      Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode: 24
      BCP1: 00000000001904AA
      BCP2: FFFFFA600197B6C8
      BCP3: FFFFFA600197B0A0
      BCP4: FFFFF80002078C4C
      OS Version: 6_0_6001
      Service Pack: 1_0
      Product: 256_1

Comment

BCCode, for a blue screen of death, means Bug Check Code.
        You can find a list of bug check codes on the microsoft site here,

I am assuming the the 64bit bug check codes are the same as the 32bit codes and the number 24 is actually in hexadecimal.

So your bug check is, 0x24: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. This indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.

As the microsoft article says,
        "One possible cause of this bug check is disk corruption. Corruption in the NTFS file system or bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk can induce this error. Corrupted SCSI and IDE drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to disk, thus causing the error."

Comment

Working...
        X