Error allocating RAM 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error allocating RAM 2

I ran burnin test for the first time and get errors allocating ram every cycle. 32 cycles 32 errors. I have 2 gig of 1333. I am running vista 32 bit, and I have 32 bit burin test. Do i have a RAM issue of a system seting issue?

What version of BurnInTest are you using?
    What is the exact error?

Comment

I'm getting this error also. I'm using 5.3 and 6.0 BETA. The exact is "Error allocating RAM". I am using Vista 32 SP1 with a Q9550 and 4GB DDR800 memory. I am overclocking.....nature of what I do for a living. This worked with an extremely overclocked system but it was dual core. Any ideas?

Patrick

Comment

Ok, it works when I select the test by itself. I wonder as a workaround if I could run this solo and then the other tests under a different task?

Comment

I doubt it is a RAM issue.

The standard test in the 32-bit version of BurnInTest is for systems with 0-1GB of physcial RAM. With more RAM you should use one of the other tests if you are using the 32-bit version of BurnInTest. For example the Multiprocess Torture test runs the Memory test in a seperate process.

Regards,
          Ian

Comment

This exact same thing happens to me. I changed video cards and all of a sudden this test fails. If I run the memory test alone, it works fine. I purchased the standard version and there is no Multi-process torture test. Passmark 5.3 Std (1034) WIN32

Memtest+ can run overnight - no errors
            Windows Memory Diagnostics - no errors
            BurnInTest - immediate "Error Allocating RAM"

Windows Vista Home Premium - SP1 - all patches
            QuadCore Intel Core2 Extreme QX9770 3.4Ghz
            nVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI - 06 bios
            4GB of Patriot DDR3-7-7-7-20 @ 433mhz
            Nvidia Geforce GTX 280
            Creative Xfi

Can you fix this or tell me what is wrong?

Comment

Can you turn on Level 2 trace logging in Logging Preferences, run the test and email us the *.trace file with the error in it.

Our Help email address is shown here:
              http://www.passmark.com/support/index.htm

Thanks.

Regards,
              Ian

Comment

I have sent trace 2 logging files. One for a test with all the default test duty cycles on and running (in which the memory test fails immediately - "Error allocating RAM"). The second is a trace 2 log file with just the RAM test running which does not fail.

Comment

Thanks. This confirms what I suspected.

When running the other tests on your system, they utilize much of the Virtual memory address space, and there is insufficient virtual memory address space remaining for the memory test. This is not a physical memory problem, but a limitation of BurnInTest Standard on 32-bit systems with greater than 1GB physical memory when a large number of tests are run simultaneously.

For now you will need to run less tests when running the memory test.

We plan to remove this limitation in the next major release of BurnInTest, V6.0.

Regards,
                  Ian

Comment

Working...
                  X