Problem with the RAM Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with the RAM Test

I am having a little trouble with the ram test package in the burnintest software. Currently my company is using MEMtest 86 V1.65 to test our ram units prior to shipping our devices. I am looking at your software to replace the current test. However I was testing a module and it would fail with MEMTest but not fail with your software. I have tried all the different configurations of the testing but they all have the same result. Any ideas would be great. Thanks for your help.

Pierre

Memtest is an OK product if you are only interested in testing RAM and nothing else.

Any software running in Windows will have a limitation that some RAM can not be tested becuase Windows itself (and other background tasks) are using some of the RAM. This problem disappears somewhat on 64bit systems with a large amount of RAM as the percentage of testable RAM increases.

Having said that try the BurnInTest For Windows Version 6.0 Beta Release as it is a bit more agressive in grabbing RAM for testing than V5.

Comment

I have not tried V6 i will give that a try today.

Comment

Working...
      X