Bad sector testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad sector testing

Is there any way that the hard drive test can detect bad sectors any where on the hard drive? I turned on the bad sectors detection box on both 5.3 and 6.0 and it could not find the bad secotrs on a drive that i know has bad sectors. Thanks for you help.

BurnInTest doesn't report on bad sectors per se. It optionally reports increases in bad sectors over the period when the disk testing takes place.

Comment

Do you know of any way i check for bad secotrs in some kind of automated way?

Comment

We could custom develop something for you. Or you could purchase the SMART SDK and code something yourself.

Comment

I might be intrested in a custom program. Please email me more information about custom programs. Thanks for you help.

Comment

You can find information about custom development services here.

And our contact details here.

Normally you, the customer, would provide a written outline of the work required. we can then provide a ball park quotation for the work. If this figure was acceptable then we would go on and prepare a detailed written statement of work for your approval, before starting the work.

Comment

Working...
            X