Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    The standard BurnInTest build of V5.3.1033 is now also available.

Regards,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    We have released a new public build of BurnInTest Professional 5.3.1033 that corrects this problem. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of BurninTest have been updated. BurnInTest Standard will be updated tomorrow.

Please follow the links to see the updates and download the latest version of BurnInTest:
    http://www.passmark.com/products/bit.htm

Regards,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    We plan to release a public build with the correction later today. It will have been qualified on XP SP3. This correction has been confirmed working with over 40 hours of testing on XP SP3 so far. In fact our previous builds were qualified on XP SP3, but the problem reported is only seen on some systems, with a certain test combination and only after hours of testing.

I will post here when the new build is available.

Regards,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• timothy0025
    replied
    Dear Ian,

I need current version and not debug version for bur-in test.

Please released current version for bur-in test.

For your side, you must be qualified the bur-in test program for test under Windows XP(SP3).

Best Regards,
    Timothy

Leave a comment:

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    We believe that we have resolved this problem in V5.3.1032. We would appreciate confirmation from users that this problem is now resolved.

The new build can be downloaded from here (for now):
    http://www.passmark.com/ftp/bitpro5....0003.debug.exe

Based on feedback and our ongoing testing, we currently hope to make a public build available tomorrow.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    We only released 5.3.1031 to Timothy. We found in our own testing that while this build improves the problem, it does not resolve the problem entirely. We are working on releasing 5.3.1032 which we believe resolves this issue.

I will post v5.3.1032 here when it is available. Hopefully, in around 5 or 6 hours from now.

Regards,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• Allen_Cheng
    replied
    Really ? Can you add 2 testing item (1) 2D (2) 3D in BIT 5.3 build 1031 ?
    I will try BIT 5.3 build 1031 too !

Leave a comment:

• timothy0025
    replied
    The system was PASS the test item by bur-in test program v5.3 build 1031.
    I did not change any driver or device, just remove test program v5.3 build 1030 and install v5.3 build 1031 under Windows XP.

We set test time after 4320 minutes(72hours) auto stop.

Would you please release last version by v5.3 build 1031 with me?

Thanks!

Test configuration as below.
    1) What hardware you have
    Intel Bearlake X38 + ICH9
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.33GHz
    RAM: Micron 1Gx2 DDR2
    VGA: nVIDIA Quadro FX5600
    HDD: HITACHI 80GBX2

2) What test you are running in BurnInTest.
    CPU - Maths
    CPU - SIMD
    Memory
    2D Graphics
    3D Graphics
    Disk (c:
    Disk (d:
    Sound
    Network 1
    Video Playback

3) What language the operating system is using (English or something else).
    Windows XP (X86) + SP3 English
    Last edited by timothy0025; Sep-30-2008, 02:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• geo33
    replied
    We see it as well

Have been seeing this same problem as well. We are using an assortment of Dell and SuperMicro chassis with different configurations for CPU memory, hard drive etc. We use Windows 2000 SP4. Test will usually run a few hours than disappear with no explanantion or log files generated.

We tried the 1030 version and same symptoms occured!

Leave a comment:

• timothy0025
    replied
    I will try v5.3 build 1031 and report for you next Monday.

Leave a comment:

• timothy0025
    replied
    Update about nVIDIA chipset + AMD CPU ran bur-in test program as below:
    With DELL PowerEdge T105 system and run bur-in test program by v5.3 build 1028,the bur-in test program will auto exit after 7hours.

DELL PowerEdge T105 system and test configuration:
    Chipset: nVIDIA CK804+IO4
    CPU: AMD Opteron 1212 2.0GHz
    RAM: DDR-2 Micron 1G x4
    HDD: SATA HDD WD 250GB
    VGA: Onboard ATI
    O.S.:Windows XP included SP3 (X86)
    bur-in test program: v5.3 build 1028
    driver install finished and device manager not error or yellow mark.
    The Events are not display error message and warning in Viwer.

Leave a comment:

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    Thanks for your email. I have posted the response here for others reading this thread.

This is different behavior to the post, where BurnInTest disappears without the "BurnInTest has encountered a problem and needs to close....". Please select "Send Error Report" and we will get the minidump debug file from Microsoft.

This problem can occur when there is an error that BurnInTest could not recover from. The error could occur in BurnInTest, a library BurnInTest uses (like DirectX), a device driver, the Windows Operating System or even BIOS. In some cases a hardware error can cause a software problem (like faulty RAM). I would say that in most cases it is BurnInTest exercising a Device driver with a bug or faulty hardware. There are a couple of approaches to try and determine where the fault is:

1) As the problem is often a faulty device driver, simply check you have the latest device drivers and update accordingly. If you think it is related to the graphics test, then start by updating the graphics card device driver.

2) Get the software error information, such as:
    - The specific build number: e.g. BurnInTest Professional v5.3.1030
    - The address related to this problem, e.g. 0x00412345. If this information is not available from a link from the "BurnInTest has stopped working" error window (or you don't see this window) then you can normally get this information from the Windows Application event log. In XP (other operating systems will be similar) the Application event log is here:
    Start-> right click "My Computer" and select Manage, double click "Event Viewer" on the left hand side of the window, double click "Application" and find the event of type "Error" around the time the problem occurred. This will contain information like:
    "Faulting application bit.exe, version 5.0.1003.0, faulting module bit.exe, version 5.0.1003.0, fault address 0x00412345."

Also, if you get the "BurnInTest has encountered a problem and needs to close...." window, please select "Send Error Report" and we will get the minidump debug file from Microsoft. This can take a bit of time though.

3) Reduce the test set until you have the smallest test set (e.g. just the 3D test), then try changing that subsystem, e.g. update the Graphics card device drivers, update DirectX, change the graphics card.

Regards,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    timothy0025,

I have sent you an email. If you don't get it, please post again.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• timothy0025
    replied
    I had try brun-in test program by v5.3.1030 and the system will display error messgae.

Could you please release debug version with me for duplicate this issue?

Please answer this question ASAP.

Thanks!

How to send screenshot to you? Please give me your e-mail address with me.

Just before, I send the issue description and no answer with me by "help@passmark.com".

I had buy Bur-in Test program and pay money for PassMark.

Best Regards,
    Timothy0025
    timothy0025@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• johnthekayaker
    replied
    Just tried Build 1030

It crashed in about 30 minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X