BIT Pro 5.3 error running "Burn CD/RW" test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT Pro 5.3 error running "Burn CD/RW" test

When running the "Burn CD/RW" test in BIT Pro 5.3 the process appears to be working correctly in that I receive messages that several million operations have been performed. There is data being written to the CD media and the data is deleted afterwards as part of the operation. But there is an error in the results window stating " No operations reported in timeout period". I'm using an IDE CD/RW, 700 MB with Memorex media. I've looked everywhere - except the right place - to find out what the cause of this message is all about. Can you give me some help. Thanks.

This error almost certainly should not have been reported. BurnInTest V5.3.1028 or later corrects this false positive reporting.

The latest build can be downloaded here:
    http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

Sorry about that but I checked out all the various builds and the corrections and enhancements that were made from each and it didn't appear that any of the problems that were identified and corrected pertained to my situation. I must have missed it. Anyway, I downloaded and installed the latest version - Build 1033 - and now in the test preferences window the CD Test Mode won't let me select "Burn CD-RW" test. It comes back with an error - "The drive selected must be a CD-RW drive.........". I tried using a CD-RW drive as well as a DVD-RW drive with Memorex RW media, 700 MB. I checked on the web site to see if there was any info on this error message but couldn't find anything.

Comment

We have just fixed this problem in the latest build of BurnInTest, V5.3.1034:
        http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

Working...
        X