Post-Test Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Test Application

When running BIT from CD, I get intermittent failures from the sound test when the CD/DVD test is accessing the same file. In order to alleviate this I wrote a pre-test batch file that copies the 3 testsound files to C:. Now the testing works fine.

Here is my question: I need to save the Testing Certificates prior to exiting BIT. If I use another post-test batch file to automatically remove the 3 files from C:, my only post-test option is to run application and exit. This doesn't allow me to save the certificate. How can I automate the removal of the files without causing BIT to exit immediately?

Thanks for any help!

I assume you mean you are running BurnInTest from a CD/DVD? If so, you could run it from a USB drive instead.

To run multiple Post test actions, you could have BurnInTest run a batch file that does both actions, deletes files and copies other files.

Unfortunately, BurnInTest v5.3 can not automatically create a Customer Test certificates (before exiting), so I don't think you can fully automate what you are trying to do, but rather you will need to (i) use a different report format (ii) manually delete the files. In V6.0 of BurnInTest, currently in Beta, we have added the automatic creation of the Customer Test Certificate, so you will be able to do what you are trying to do. A Beta is available here:
    http://www.passmark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1734

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

6.0 Release

Thanks Ian.

I started with the USB option, but even with the USB drive not selected for testing, the certificate would list it. We are including a copy of the cert with the system shipping to the customer, and don't want to cause confusion. That's when we decided to go with the CD option. It looks as though version 6.0 will be the solution. When is it expected to be released?

Comment

I have to admit the date keeps moving a bit. At this stage we plan to have release V6 of BurnInTest around the end of the year.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

Working...
        X