Procedure for Creating BartPE Bootable BIT CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure for Creating BartPE Bootable BIT CD

Hi, I have just followed the procedure described in the document 'Using BurnInTest on a system with no Operating System' (v6.0) to create a bootable CD to run BIT Pro v6.0. I managed to get it to work but encountered a problem along the way - at step 11 on page 7 it say to use File->Install BIT on USB Drive to copy the BIT files to a temp directory to be transfered to the plugin directory of PEBuilder. However this causes an error in PEBuilder ('bad plugin') as the files in the HTML and HTML_R sub-directories are missing. These subdirs are mentioned in the bit.inf file. Copying them over manually corrects the problem. In fact just following the BIT v5.3 version of the above document solves the problem ie just copy over the whole BIT installation directory under the PEBuilder plugin directory.

I thought this info might be helpful to anyone else following the above instructions to create a BIT boot CD. Otherwise everything appears to be working fine.

Thanks. We will correct this.
    Ian

Comment

The only other point I had trouble with was including a network card driver in the build. (I included the driver for a USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet adapter, so it could be used for network access on any PC). It would be helpful to mention how to get the driver INF file. 'Driver File Details' in Device Manager doesn't normally list the INF file. To get it you need to go to the driver CD, or extract the files from the driver .EXE file (eg using WinRAR or similar program). If unsure you could just copy over the entire set of network driver files under a folder under the drivers/net folder, to ensure the network driver is included in the build.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We will add something to our document.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

We have released a new public build of BurnInTest Pro, V6.0.1008, that now also creates the help files in the target USB drive directory or BartPE directory. So the manual workaround process outlined in the first post in this thread is no longer required.
          http://passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Regards,
          Ian

Comment

Working...
          X