Hard Drive and Sound test Errors in BurnIn 6.0 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Drive and Sound test Errors in BurnIn 6.0 Pro

I built a brand new PC - Win XP Pro with Phenom II and 4GB Corsair RAM and single hard drive, DVD/CDR drive and Radeon HD4770

When i run the default test in BurnIn 6.0 to test all devices at once I get errors on hard drive and sound test.

HDD = Seagate 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb and the error i get is " no free memory or buffer"

I looked up the help in BurnIn and the description of why its coming up doesnt help me. Its a brand new hard drive and why would it be failing on memory buffer? Is the 16MB cache for hdd too small???

Also on the sound test - i dont know why its erroring out on sound saying "could not open midi sequencer or midi file"

It plays sound test file fine for like 1 cycle and then next cycle it errors and plays ok in next n so forth. The speakers work fine however and sound plays fine on every other cycle of the test

Do i need to tweak the test settings? Its fresh copy of Win XP and i havent tweaked any settings yet.

Please help on any ideas why this is happening

THanks

This is almost certianly not an error with the hard drive, but an error indicating that there is not enough available memory to run the test. I suspect the midi error is related.

Which version/build of BurnInTest do you have?

I would start by checking you have the latest version/build of BurnInTest (V6.0.1009).
    http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

Working...
    X