Vista 64 video memory corruption error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista 64 video memory corruption error

I am testing a computer based on the Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (Cantiga). The processor is a Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz. Memory is a 1GB SoDIMM DDR3 1333 module. The video is part of the chipset.

The problem is when running BurnIn test 5.3 with Vista 64 bit installed, I am getting video memory corruption errors.

Yes, I have read all the previous threads and understand that some video chipsets have problems but I don't have the video corruption errors when using Windows XP 64bit.

Is this an issue with the video driver, Vista? I have the latest video driver but of course that doesn't mean there aren't still problems. Would the new 6.0 resolve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

We have been working on video memory corruption errors with a graphics chipset manufactuer and they have confirmed that there is a driver problem and they are working on a solution. I suspect it is the same problem.

Changing to V6.0 of BurnInTest won't make this error go away, as it is not a problem with BurnInTest.

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian!

Comment

Working...
      X