No announcement yet.

Which version should be chosen in Win7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version should be chosen in Win7?

I'm using BIT for EMC test, and there is a question puzzled me:
    Which version is more proper in Win7(32bit &64bit)?
    As we know, Win7 has improved its compatibility for applications, esp. drivers, actually various BIT versions can run well, from v4 to v6. As an engineer, I need to provide the exact test result for customer, although without unasked version request.
    At present the popular v5.3 is in dispute under the preferred RC build 7100, even v6.0.1009.2 declaring its formal support for Win7. I hope the developer can make an offical technical opinion to terminate the arguement being or to be happened.

I know v6 is much better, but for the 5 months before Win7's formal release, is v5.3 acceptable?
    The customers ONLY ask to use BIT for evaluation test, and various test results come into being with so many beta versions. Should I use the version providing best performance, or follow on the heels of formal BIT release?

Comment

Which version is more proper in Win7(32bit &64bit)?
      This is a decision for you to make. Not us. We support both. In a few more years 32bit will fade away, but for the moment both are valid. From an EMC point of view I can't imagine it making much difference in any case.

If you are using Win7 then we would suggest using V6 of BurnInTest. As we never really tested V5.x on Win7. It probalby works OK however.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
        This is a decision for you to make. Not us. We support both. In a few more years 32bit will fade away, but for the moment both are valid. From an EMC point of view I can't imagine it making much difference in any case.

If you are using Win7 then we would suggest using V6 of BurnInTest. As we never really tested V5.x on Win7. It probalby works OK however.
        Thanks. The difference is the EMC test result at particular freq. points, usually V5.3 with H pattern in front of 3D. Thanks to your reply that will save the budget purchasing the newer version than V6.0.1000.14.

Comment

Working...
        X