Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PassMark Rebooter crashes in w2k3.

Hello Passmark.

I have some problems getting the rebooter to work.

heres a screenshot.

This happens when the system information pops up after the test has run.
    I have alos uploaded my LastUsed.bitcfg here.
    Just select Free and enter the 4 digit image code.
    http://fileuploader.org/ua6vskn28luq/LastUsed.zip.html

Or use this link for the next 8 hours with no password
    http://fileuploader.org/files/6/rbn5...9/LastUsed.zip

It would seem that the BurnInTest test completes, starts rebooter.exe and Rebooter hangs. Rebooter could hang either while waiting for:
    1) An operating system call to return - this would most likely be an operating system/ device driver issue, or
    2) The Application to launch. The only explicit wait that Rebooter has is when launching the external application specified in the "Application" field. Maybe your application failed to start. If you are specifying an application in this field, try removing it.

Try some testing directly from Reebooter, rather than BurnInTest, just run rebooter.exe from the BurnInTest directory.

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
      It would seem that the BurnInTest test completes, starts rebooter.exe and Rebooter hangs. Rebooter could hang either while waiting for:
      1) An operating system call to return - this would most likely be an operating system/ device driver issue, or
      2) The Application to launch. The only explicit wait that Rebooter has is when launching the external application specified in the "Application" field. Maybe your application failed to start. If you are specifying an application in this field, try removing it.

Try some testing directly from Reebooter, rather than BurnInTest, just run rebooter.exe from the BurnInTest directory.

Regards,
      Ian
      1. Im trying to launch BurnInTest V6.0 from the reboot tool.
      2. This works fine and keeps rebooting untill all 10 reboot cycles have been compleated.
      No problems at all.

I then tried to remove the start application from rebooter.exe´s gui.
      And instead I set BT6 to start via the start menu in win2k3.

This had the same result.

What I have tested now.

Start BT6-
      Run custom test -
      when compleated BT6 shuts down and starts rebooter.exe
      Rebooter.exe starts BT6 and therefore crashes.

Then I tried to start BT6 via the startmenu-
      I place the shortcut to BT6 in the startmenu, make sure bt6 is closed.
      Start rebooter.exe and let it spend 360 sek before rebooting.
      Then BT6 is opened when entering win2k3, and so is the rebooter.exe

but BT6 dosent start testing automaticly

Im lost now....

My settings.

Comment

The Application field in rebooter allows you to specify to run an application and wait for it to exit, before entering reboot. It is not to allow you to specify an application to run after the system has rebooted.

In your case, Rebooter appears to hang (not crash) because you have not exited the application started, BurnInTest, and Rebooter is waiting for this application to exit.

The way to achieve reboot cycling with BurnInTest is documented in the BurnInTest help and User Guide. In the User guide, http://www.passmark.com/ftp/BIT_Users_Guide_Ed6_0.pdf, this is covered in the "Reboot / restart cycling" section 9.4, pg 127.

BurnInTest should be started with a manually created auto run shortcut (step 3). The applciation file din rebooter should be blank.

If after following this process, you still have problems, please let me know.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
          The Application field in rebooter allows you to specify to run an application and wait for it to exit, before entering reboot. It is not to allow you to specify an application to run after the system has rebooted.

In your case, Rebooter appears to hang (not crash) because you have not exited the application started, BurnInTest, and Rebooter is waiting for this application to exit.

The way to achieve reboot cycling with BurnInTest is documented in the BurnInTest help and User Guide. In the User guide, http://www.passmark.com/ftp/BIT_Users_Guide_Ed6_0.pdf, this is covered in the "Reboot / restart cycling" section 9.4, pg 127.

BurnInTest should be started with a manually created auto run shortcut (step 3). The applciation file din rebooter should be blank.

If after following this process, you still have problems, please let me know.

Regards,
          Ian
          Thx alot for your help Ian, sorry I never replied
          Since I got it working, I dident have time

Comment

Working...
          X