BIT detecting phantom floppy drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT detecting phantom floppy drive

BurnInTest Professional (latest version) running in WinPE v2.1 x86 detects an "A:" drive if Disk is enabled. It also detects C: as well. There is no floppy drive on this computer, and the motherboard (Intel DQ45CB) does not even have a floppy controller.

The previous version of BIT did not detect this A: drive. If I go into the Config screen, under disks it only lists C: , D: (not tested/optical), and X: (not tested/ramdisk).

How can I get it to stop finding this A: drive? Of course the burn fails because it says there is no media in the drive.

Tripredacus,

I am pretty sure we have not changed the behaviour. The A: and C: drives are automatically selected in the default LastUsed.bitcfg file (I just tested V5.3 on a system with no FD to check for the same behavior - it is).

To get rid of the A: drive, just remove it in Preferences->Disk and then save the configuration file (e.g. LastUsed.bitcfg). Then use this LastUsed.bitcfg in your WinPE build.

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

I believe I know how this happened. I built the config on a different computer than what it was going to be tested on. This computer has a floppy drive, but the target one does not.

It would appear that the Preference list for drives is enumerated based upon the computer it is running on, instead of the cfg file. So that would be why the A drive did not appear on the target machine in its preference list.

Comment

We will add to our candidate feature list for the next major version of BurnInTest, to review the default setting for the A: drive. Also maybe even an option to edit disk settings not avaialble on that system.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

Working...
        X