Updating BurninTester from 1014 to 1016 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating BurninTester from 1014 to 1016 settings

Doing this upgrade will remove ALL settings for tests, everything accualy is deleted.

So I had to set everything again.

ALSO, selecting an external application in post-test config isent very easy.
    You cant see your drives because it is locked to only show .exe and .bat files.

Ergo you have to select it from the prodown menu to get to your c: drive.
    I dont care, I just think it is a shame with such a restriction

You can save and load your configuration from the File menu.
    File / Load Test Configuration
    File / Save Test Configuration

You cant see your drives because it is locked to only show .exe and .bat files
    I don't know what you are refering to. It is the standard Windows file selection dialog window. There is no restriction on showing drives.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      You can save and load your configuration from the File menu.
      File / Load Test Configuration
      File / Save Test Configuration
      Hello Sir

Well I belive I tried to sir.
      But upgrading overwrites the LastUsed.bitcfg so loading it is only an option if you have saved on in another dir than the C:\Documents and Settings\usernam\Dokumenter\PassMark\BurnInTest folder.

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      I don't know what you are refering to. It is the standard Windows file selection dialog window. There is no restriction on showing drives.
      No I dont mean a restriction

I mean you have to select the drop down menu in order to acces your drives.
      Try and open a PDF document for an example.
      Then select open in Adobe reader - And brows to your "My Computer"

Even though the only files that can be opened are .pdf files - You can still see the drives.

Please understand that Im reporting this not to complain and scream FIX.
      But to inform about where I think improvments can be made..

Doing so out of respect for the work Passmark has put into this software

Comment

You need to save your configuartion settings if you want to keep them. The folder is not important.

Comment

Further to David's post, for the Preferences->Post test Application browse button, we do show only *.bat and *.exe application files in the standard Windows file picker dialog. We do this because these are the only file types supported when running an external application after a BurnInTest test.

What other file types do you want to see supported?

Regards,
          Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
            Further to David's post, for the Preferences->Post test Application browse button, we do show only *.bat and *.exe application files in the standard Windows file picker dialog. We do this because these are the only file types supported when running an external application after a BurnInTest test.

What other file types do you want to see supported?

Regards,
            Ian
            I dont have a need to argue or understand the way the problem is built and designed

Just wanted to be able to browse to drives and not use the drop down menu funtion to enter my c drive.

Please understand that Im only stating this out of respect and apresiation for your product

Comment

Here is what the Post test browse button shows in Windows 7 and Vista (where you can browse anywhere, but only select *.exe and *.bat files).

Maybe the behavior you are describing is XP/2000 specific.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
              Ian

Comment

Try and brows to this computer then sir.

I see folders and files to.
                But NOT under This computer!

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. We will investigate further on XP. You should see all (non-hidden) directories and all files of the type specified. I verfied this on Windows7 and Vista.

Regards,
                  Ian Robinson

Comment

Working...
                  X