I want to thermal measurement test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to thermal measurement test

I use Intel Atom Processor N270 1.60GHz, Intel 945GSE+Intel ICH7M to thermal measurement.
    Why usaged 50% and 100% get the same result?

If you used only the CPU "Maximum heat test", then this always runs at 100%.

If you used any of the other CPU tests, then typcially the CPU increases the fan speed as it gets hotter, so maybe the fan speed increase has compensated for the increased load.

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

But i used Heat Sink for CPU, NB, SB and(CPU, RAM, Video, 2D, 3D, Disk, Sound, and Network running at 50% duty cycle)
      If i think the temperature to be unconcerned with running duty cycle value, is right?

Comment

So from your posts I understand that (1) you are not using a CPU fan or any fans that are automatically controlled and (2) you are not using the BurnInTest Maximum CPU temperature setting, but rather the other CPU tests.

I don't really understand your question. But, if your CPU temperature does not change based on the CPU duty cycle setting of 50% or 100% and it is not a high temperature (90C is the critical temp for the Atom N270, but it should run much lower than this), then the temperature should be OK. You should be able to find typical CPU temperatures for this CPU on the Internet.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

Sorry about that!
          My question is compare used 50% and 100%, why i get the same temperature value
          50% => CPU Tcase=60.1
          100% => CPU Tcase=60.5
          Note: Measure software: Core Temp
          So that mean 50% and 100% performance is the same?

I guess I used(CPU, RAM, Video, 2D, 3D, Disk, Sound, and Network running at 50% duty cycle) then system loading is maximum = CPU loading 100%
          This is my experiment result just to provides refers for you

Comment

So there is a slight increaes in temperature as you increase the system load (from 50% duty cycle to 100% duty cycle).

"So that mean 50% and 100% performance is the same?" - If you mean to ask if the system load is the same at 50% and 100%, then the answer is no - the system load is higher at 100%. In saying this, by running all of these tests simultaneously (especially the CPU and memory tests), the CPU load might be hard on 100% in both cases. You will be able to see CPU load in task manager. If the CPU is hard on 100% load (in task manger) in both cases, due to running many tests simulataneously, then the CPU temperature would not vary much between the different loads.

As you are measuing CPU temperatures, I would suggest trying just the CPU test at 50% and 100% to see the difference in load and temperature.

Regards,
            Ian

Comment

Working...
            X