missing libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing libraries

Hi guys I am quite new with linux and passmark.

how do I download the following libraries into linux and where do i get it from.

libkio.so.4
    libkduei.so.4
    libkdesu.so.4
    libkwalletclient.so.1
    libkdecore.so.4
    libDCOP.so.4
    libkdefx.so.4
    libgt-mt.so.3

missing libraries
    thx

Depending on which distribution of Linux you're using there should be a package manager available from the main menu that will allow you to add and remove libraries. You will need to install the kdelibs packages, which should include all the kde related libraries.

However libqt-mt is related to QT and shouldn't really be missing (unless you have a newer version without any backwards compatibility), what distribution of Linux are you using?

Comment

I also having the same error:

32-bit OS detected, launching ./32bit/bit_gui_x32

Missing Library: libkio.so.4
      Missing Library: libkdeui.so.4
      Missing Library: libkdesu.so.4
      Missing Library: libkwalletclient.so.1
      Missing Library: libkdecore.so.4
      Missing Library: libDCOP.so.4
      Missing Library: libkdefx.so.4

Missing libraries detected!
      To use the GUI version of BurnInTest you will need to install the above
      libraries using your prefered package manager before running BurnInTest

Iḿ on Mandriva 2010
      Kernel: 2.6.31.5
      (KDE 4.3.2)

Comment

As KDE4 is installed it's likely the older v3 libraries are missing, in the package manager there should be an option to install the older version of the libraries, we're currently downloading a copy of Mandriva 2010 to test it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
          As KDE4 is installed it's likely the older v3 libraries are missing, in the package manager there should be an option to install the older version of the libraries, we're currently downloading a copy of Mandriva 2010 to test it out.
          Using Mandrivaīs Software Management i only can find KDEīs 4 libs,

eg.
          ‎/usr/lib/libkio.so.5
          ‎/usr/lib/libkio.so.5.3.0

Comment

It seems it isn't possible to install kde3 libraries alongside kde4 in Mandriva 2010, only the command line version of BitLinux will work.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
              It seems it isn't possible to install kde3 libraries alongside kde4 in Mandriva 2010, only the command line version of BitLinux will work.
              oh ok... The command line version canīt test 2D and 3D graphics rite?
              Last edited by cyben76; Dec-09-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Correct, the graphics tests aren't part of the command line version. We will be looking into the possibility of a kde4 version of BurnInTest sometime early next year.

Comment

I'm also having problems to run BurnInTest, but I don't have KDE. I have Unity (standard Ubuntu 12.04 LTS). The error is:

"./bit_gui_x32: error while loading shared libraries: libkio.so.4: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory"

Is it possible to run BurnInTest gui on Unity desktop?? Can I get the needed libraries?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

This library is only required for the old V2 version of BurnInTest, the newest version does not use any KDE libraries so it is more likely to run in non-KDE environments.

Most of the libraries that can be missing in are covered in the FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                    X