No announcement yet.

Network packet loss due to audio usage, Win7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The behavior occured with the Sound test and also without the sound test. It may be possible that the sound test makes it more likely, but my testing didn't suggest this.

Comment

Nearly 2 years since the last post, I'm wondering if there is a conclusion/fix/work-around of this byte drop issue?

I am not using BurnIn test but rather testing UDP in PerformanceTest 7.0-Advanced-Networking. Two units in server/client pair with one CAT5 network cable in between, TCP test always pass but UDP always has byte drop.

Any suggestion you may share? Thanks

Comment

This post referred to an issue where constant UDP broadcasting could impact the BurnInTest V5/V6 standard ICMP network test. Changes were made to the V7.0 BurnInTest standard network test that I beleive resolves this issue.

I don't beleive this is in anyway related to the behavior you are seeing with the PerformanceTest Advanced network test. If you still have the problem, please email us or post in the PerformanceTest forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
          This post referred to an issue where constant UDP broadcasting could impact the BurnInTest V5/V6 standard ICMP network test. Changes were made to the V7.0 BurnInTest standard network test that I beleive resolves this issue.

I don't beleive this is in anyway related to the behavior you are seeing with the PerformanceTest Advanced network test. If you still have the problem, please email us or post in the PerformanceTest forum.

Hi Ian,

I can confirm that the problem still exists with burnintest v7.0 build 1005.
          FYI: We are still using version 5.0 for production, but if we were to consider moving to Bit 7, this would probably keep us away. If you still have the bitbreak.exe executable, you can see for yourself.

Jay
          Jay W.
          Diagnostic Engineer
          Comark Corporation
          93 West St.
          Medfield, MA 02052
          http://www.comarkcorp.com

Comment

Jay,

I just re-tested with the bitbreak exe and it does seem the issue where 3rd party software packets on the test network can still cause false timeout errors. From our testing we do however believe that this is reduced in V7.0 when multiple network ports are tested. I will add this back on my to do list to investigate further.

Thanks.
            Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
              Jay,

I just re-tested with the bitbreak exe and it does seem the issue where 3rd party software packets on the test network can still cause false timeout errors. From our testing we do however believe that this is reduced in V7.0 when multiple network ports are tested. I will add this back on my to do list to investigate further.

Thanks.
              Ian
              Hi Ian,
              I think this issue got forgotten, and it still causes us grief from time to time. Now that we purchased a site license, we'd really like to get this resolved. Anything you could do for us would be greatly appreciated.
              Jay
              Jay W.
              Diagnostic Engineer
              Comark Corporation
              93 West St.
              Medfield, MA 02052
              http://www.comarkcorp.com

Comment

Hi Jay,

I did do some work on this a while back. I have had another look at it today and have a new debug build with some minor changes and additional debug logging. I will send you an email with the link and to see if I can get the source code for bitbreak.exe from our past discussions so I can test again with it here.

Thanks.
                Ian

Comment

Working...
                X