Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BitLinux - HDD test uses /root/ folder

Hi,

I am using BitLinux V.2 (1006) on a SLAX USB, and I see that even though the test configuration tells me it is testing (/dev/hdc1) [/mnt/hdc1] it is actually writing/reading the test files to /root/, which is a ramdisk location.

It fills up fast, and if I started BitLinux from my test script it will exit with a message that the process was killed.

If I start BitLinux manually it will tell me that there is no more space, but BitLinux will not exit, just report errors in infowindow and test log.

The only edits I have done to the script file provided with BitLinux is I added some arguments ( -M -C -R ).

Is this a known bug?

We've been able to reproduce something similar, if the first item in the available disks is selected the files are created in the current directory (but selecting other available drives creates them in the correct location). We should have a fix for this soon.

Comment

Any updates on this fix? I am having the same issue as well.

Thanks,
      Derek

Comment

The fix for this has been incorporated into the upcoming release of BurnInTest (V3), however as this uses a newer version of Qt than SLAX currently supports a final release / beta version of 2 has been created that incorporates this and several other changes made for V3.

This is now available from http://www.passmark.com/ftp/burnintest_2.1_beta1.tar.gz

Comment

Thanks! That solved my issue.

Derek

Comment

Working...
          X