Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn it test fails after 20 hours

Hi

After loading the config file. It display's the auto stop after 15 minutes.

However it works for 20 hours and then stops.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

is there a way to disable auto-stop?

Thanks in advance
    Colm
    Last edited by colm; Apr-07-2010, 03:49 PM. Reason: Previous quesiton was not consise enough

I'm not sure what Auto-Stop is... The longest I've done was 72 hours without a problem if that helps.

Comment

Quote from the included help file,
      -=-=-=-=
      Auto-Stop
      BurnInTest can be set to automatically stop a test run by either configuring a test duration or a number of test cycles.

Test duration
      This option allows the user to select the period of time that tests are to run for. After the time has expired all windows (except the main window) are closed and all the tests are stopped.
      The duration, in minutes should be entered in the “Auto Stop after n Minutes” field. A value of 0 in this field means that the tests will run until a manual Stop command is issued via the button bar/menu or the number of test cycles has been reached. The test time for the unregistered shareware version is fixed at 15 minutes per test. After the software is registered the maximum auto stop time is 10 days. (the registered version can also run forever if the manual stop option is selected).

Number of test cycles
      This option allows the user to select the number of cycles that tests are to run for. After all current tests have undergone the configured number of cycles in testing, all windows (except the main window) are closed and all the tests are stopped. This option is not available in the unregistered shareware version of BurnInTest.
      The number of cycles should be entered in the “or n Cycles” field. A value of 0 in this field means that the tests will run until a manual Stop command is issued via the button bar/menu or the test duration has been reached.

NOTES:
      1) Both options are based on the current test run and not accumulated results.
      2) The test duration and number of cycles are both used to automatically stop a test run (with a logical OR). For example, if duration is set to 15 minutes and number of cycles is set to 3. The test run will be stopped when the first of either 15 minutes OR 3 cycles is reached. If you want to automatically stop a test run based only on duration, set the number of cycles to 0 (i.e. Run for the set duration OR forever). If you want to automatically stop the test run, only based on the number of test cycles, set the test duration to 0 (i.e. Run forever OR for the set number of cycles).
      3) If you need to run each test a single time, one after the other (i.e. In series, rather than in parallel), a script should be created to: Set the number of cycles, run test1, run test2, …, run test n. See SETCYCLES.

Comment

Is the test duration limit of 10 days still correct for BT for Linux 2.1?

I wanted to set it for 2 weeks and it seems to accept duration = 20160. However, when I enter "-D 0" it does not set for manual exit as expected but says test duration is 15 minutes?

UPDATE: I found AutoStopMinutes in my cmd config file set to 15 min. I commented this out to prevent override of -D option.

I am checking this feature because BT 2.1 on Linux seemed to crash/exit after serveral days of running over the weekend. Log file was truncated with no useful info. It was not even a weeks time...

I am running the command line version on serial console.

thanks!
        Last edited by victorz; Jun-15-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

V3 of BurnInTest for Linux has been available for a couple of years now. You should consider upgrading.

Comment

Working...
          X