Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Result "Passed" although Error on COM-Port.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result "Passed" although Error on COM-Port.

Hello together,

I have received BurnInTest V4.0 Pro a few days ago, and I try to test different components in my machine. I think it is a wonderful compilation for my application.

However, if I disconnect the loop back plug for the serial port, the log file says: "Error while receiving from com port ", but the result of the test is "Passed".

Is there a possibility to change the configurations for the result screen, to include the error on the COM-Port as well?

Thanky in advance for any hint!

Regards,
    EKF

RE: Serial port error reported as PASS

We have investigated this issue and have discovered a bug in BurnInTest V4.0.

If the serial port test encounteres an error between the time the test has been flagged to stop by the automatic stop timer and when it does stop (up to a couple of seconds), and there is only one error reported, then PASS will be incorrectly displayed. This will be corrected in a new release at the end of the week. This post will be updated to indicate that the new version has been posted.

Best regards,
    Ian
    (PassMark Support)

Comment

Thank you for the informations and the help.

A simple way to encounter the error is to set Auto Stop after 1 cycle, and only test the serial ports without a loop back plug.

Comment

Serial port test

A new build, V4.0 1029, that corrects this issue has been posted on our Website. It can be downloaded from:
        http://www.passmark.com/download/index.htm

Best regards,
        Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Thank you for the informations, and the new build.

With this I detect another error, maybe it was included in the old version too.

If I only test one Com Port without loopback plug, for one cycle, and toggle between Pretest mode: (default) and (start immediately), sometimes the first test result is "Passed", and sometimes it is "Fail".

The second try is in every case "Fail". This happens every time, you changed the Pretest option in any direction.

When you wait for a minute after the result "Fail" appears and start the test a third time, the result is for the next two-three times "Passed", then it is again "Fail" the right result, without loopback plug.

Every time when the result is "Passed" the programs also shows: "No error" in the error column.

Can you also see this error?

Comment

Serial port test error not reported

This is a timing issue, between stopping the test and detecting the error (in some cases the error wasn't yet confirmed as an error before stopping the test). This may have occured if the test was signalled to stop just before the error was detected. We have changed BurnInTest to also check for an error immediately after the test is stopped.

A new build, V4.0 1030, that corrects this issue has been posted on our Website. It can be downloaded from:
            http://www.passmark.com/download/index.htm

Best regards,
            Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Thank you Ian, for all your support and the fast help. It seems to work perfect now.

Comment

Working...
              X