Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm running a BurninTest + Sleeper with a FireWire 400/800 drive enclosure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm running a BurninTest + Sleeper with a FireWire 400/800 drive enclosure.

I'm running a BurninTest + Sleeper with a FireWire 400/800 drive enclosure

Test:
    Win7x64 bit
    BurninTest 6 running drive stress only 100% on the FireWire 400/800 drive enclosure all other test off.
    Sleeper 2.3 (1006) S3,S4

Run both test program at the same time and I get this error “Error while writing to the disk” after the first cycle.

Looks like Slow initialize of driver

Is this normally with FireWire drives that passmark will fail this test.

Is there a different way to run the test so slow down passmark and give the FireWire 400/800 drive enclosure time to initialize the driver.

Anybody seen this problem with FireWire 400/800 drive enclosure.

To get to the write phase, it must have been possible to open the file. So the drive should in theory be ready to go.

If any mass storage device (firewire connected devices included) fails this test then it is probably a hardware or device driver bug.

Comment

It looks like the BurninTest starts up a short time before the drive has initialize and then continue the write/read test but at that time I have already gotten the “Error while writing to the disk”
      If I have device manager open I can see the drive disappear when going to sleep and appear just after BurninTest starts up.

My question is this normal ?

Should I put 1 second delay on BurninTest starting up if so then the test will pass but is this a valid test.

Is FireWire 400/800 drive enclosure always slower to start up and therefore I should not run BurninTest + Sleeper side by side but with a script one at the time.

Comment

I am not familiar enough with the firewire power management specifications to know what is within the specification. (or even if the firewire spec covers this issue).

Comment

Working...
        X