Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Testing Issues

Hello,

We use Burn-In test for durability testing in a production line environment.

We use very specialized software that requires the use of 2 Startech PCI2S1P com cards with driver version 5.0.2183.1 from 2002. We are unable to upgrade this driver version without testing several peripherals and applications so this should be considered a last resort.

Anyway, using stock Burn-In test settings we always get a "No operations reported in timeout period" error on coms 2-5. 1 seems to be very stable no matter what happens. I have tried modifying the duty cycle but this has not helped. Also after the test all 4 com ports report that they are already in use by another application.

We are using Burn-In test version 6.0.1020.15 currently.

What would be the course of action for figuring out exactly what is causing the issue?

I have captured some activity trace 2 logs

If you could Zip up the logs and E-Mail them to us that would be good.

The no operations message is what you get when that test module gets stuck. e.g. crashes or locks up or becomes very slow and unresponsive.

I assume COM port 1 is the onboard COM port and the others are connected to the PCI cards?
    What O/S are you running?
    I assume no other application on the machine would be trying to use these COM ports while testing is under way? For example this might happen if you have a printer configured to use the COM port.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      If you could Zip up the logs and E-Mail them to us that would be good.

The no operations message is what you get when that test module gets stuck. e.g. crashes or locks up or becomes very slow and unresponsive.

I assume COM port 1 is the onboard COM port and the others are connected to the PCI cards?
      What O/S are you running?
      I assume no other application on the machine would be trying to use these COM ports while testing is under way? For example this might happen if you have a printer configured to use the COM port.
      Yes COM 1 is onboard and uses an Intel driver. We are running Windows XP Professional.

I have actually fixed the issue (on my test box) by updating the driver to the latest version. I am goinmg to test this on a few more production boxes but if this is the case I am going to recommend that we just re-test and re-release w/ the new driver version.

Thanks for the help. I will let you know if I need any further assistance.

Comment

Working...
      X