Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debugger Detected why am I getting this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugger Detected why am I getting this?

Anybody on how to fix this?
    Or work around?

Re: Debugger Detected why am I getting this?

Originally posted by ZG77_OzZ

Anybody on how to fix this?
    Or work around?
    Q. I get an error like, " Protection Error: Debugger detected - please shut it down and restart" ?

There are several causes for this error, but the most common is that there is an known incompatibility with the Nero 6 software package and BurnIntest.

The Nero 6 software contains the DivX media codec which uses some poorly though out copy protection mechanisms. And the 'debugger detected' message actually comes from DivX and not BurnInTest. BurnInTest contains a video playback test and thus makes use of various video codecs, triggering the problem in DivX.

The problem can be resolved by uninstalling Nero or upgrading or downgrading the DivX software. BurnInTest is only one of many packages that have this problem with this version of DivX included with Nero

i upgraded the DVX software and nero HELP

Comment

I upgraded the DVX software and nero
      And did that fix the problem? What versions are you using? Can you try uninstalling them temporarily if it didn't fix the problem.

Do you have any other low level debugging software running. WinIce / Softice are the main ones, but there are others.

---
      David

Comment

Originally posted by PassMark
        I upgraded the DVX software and nero
        And did that fix the problem? What versions are you using? Can you try uninstalling them temporarily if it didn't fix the problem.

Do you have any other low level debugging software running. WinIce / Softice are the main ones, but there are others.

---
        David
        V4.0 Pro Build: 1031
        I do not know I never insatlled and debugging software WinIce / Softice I never installed it. I can uninstalling them temporarily will let you know.

Here are the system parts in my system now.
        OzZ’z New Super Sytem.

Zalman CNPS9500 LED

Thermaltake XASER, Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

SB0460PLAT 1Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Creative $176.47

Thermaltake HARDCANO 13 8-color LCD multifunction display with Card Reader - Retail

Intel BOXD955XBKLKR Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

LG Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model GDR-8163B - OEM

16X Super-Multi Internal DVD Writer with LightScribeTM Disc Labeling Technology

Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400 - Retail

Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 Smithfield 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core, EM64T Processor Model BX80551PGH3200F - Retail

Comment

I'm getting the same problem. I've got Nero and the DivX bundle that came with Pro-Coder installed. There's no way I'm going to un-install either of them so is there any other way round this?

Comment

The problem and message come from the DivX video codec. See,

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=155023

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...u&ct=clnk&cd=1

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...u&ct=clnk&cd=2

You could try not using the video play back test in BurnInTest to avoid provoking their bug.

It is only some versions of DivX that have this problem. You can downgrade (and maybe upgrade) DivX to fix the problem.

----
            David

Comment

Hi,

Well this is all very nice but if one wishes to test the GPU and doesn't wish to un-instal things (if you've ever had to instal Procoder you'll understand), how does one make it work?

Comment

There is no magic wand that will fix the problem. You either live with the problem or replace the version of the software causing the problem (DivX).

-----
                David

Comment

Working...
                X