• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Com port show "no operations reported in timeout period"

burn-in test v5.3
    com port1~6 =>PASS

burn-in test v6.0
    com port6 =>No operations reported in timeout period
    (cyde:864 , error:1 , operation:138 million)

com port1~6 show No operations reported in timeout period are random

can you tell me the difference of v5.3 and v6.0 in com port,thank you very much.

The COM port test in V5.3 and V6.0 is the same test. Are you running any other tests at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
      The COM port test in V5.3 and V6.0 is the same test. Are you running any other tests at the same time?
      =>No,i only run COM port test

Comment

I assume you are testing the same system with the same configuration with both the latest build of V5.3 and the latest build of V6.0?

Have you run the test enough times and for long enough duration with both V5.3 and V6.0 to rule out that this is just a random result (i.e. if you ran the test with v5.3 more times, maybe it would also occur then)?

I checked the detail for changes with the COM port test between the latest builds of V5.3 and v6.0. The only differences are some changes to error handling in v6.0 (i.e. after a write/read to/from the COM port occurs) and additional logging.

Could you plese email me a level 2 trace file for the V6.0 test run showing the error? A level 2 trace file (*.trace) is configured in Preferences->Logging.

Our email address is shown here:
        http://www.passmark.com/support/index.htm

Comment

I have analyzed the trace file you emailed us and see no additional error information.

I believe that it is likely that if you ran the test enough times with V5.3, the same problem would occur.

The "No operations" error occurs when a test stops for at least 8 minutes. In this case it is almost certain that this occurs as a result of BurnInTest calling a Windows COM port function that never returns. This can be due to a device driver or hardware problem. We have recently had another report of this. I would raise it with your supplier.

Comment

Working...
          X