DirectDraw object creation not possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectDraw object creation not possible

Hello. I've downloaded the burintest free trial today to check the program out. I'm running it on a special device our company uses for...well, I think that's a bit of NDA ;p
    Anyway, we need to test both 2d and 3d graphics settings. When I'm selecting 2d tests, I'm getting the following error:
    Failed with error message: "Hardware-only DirectDraw object creation not possible"
    Almost the same happens to 3D tests:
    Failed with error message: "Error initializing Direct X device"

What could it be?
    P.S. The video card is: Intel Corporation US15 Intel Embeded Media and Graphics Driver Function

Could be that the video hardware doesn't support 3D acceleration, or that you don't have the correct device drivers, or don't have DirectX installed or you have run out of video RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      Could be that the video hardware doesn't support 3D acceleration, or that you don't have the correct device drivers, or don't have DirectX installed.
      Yeah, we though of that too, but turns out the dx is installed and the device does support 3d and 2d... so...maybe it's the drivers. Ok, I'll look more into that.

Comment

Yes is seems that this chip can do some 3D. We have a Intel US15 3D benchmark for it.

Performance is truly awful however.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          Yes is seems that this chip can do some 3D. We have a Intel US15 3D benchmark for it.

Performance is truly awful however.
          any chance for it being able to run 2d apps?

Comment

If it doesn't run 2D apps, then what you have left is just DOS3.1.

Comment

Working...
            X