Ethernet loopback test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethernet loopback test

I am using Burn-N-Test 6 ver1030. I am trying to test a network that is a 1GHz (true etherent were all 8 signal lines are being used to transfer data) I have in the pass made loopback connector by shorting pins 1 & 2 and 3 & 6 and was able to test. I have made a simular loopback for the 1GHz ethernet by shorting the following pins:

1. 1 & 2
    2. 3 & 6
    3. 4 & 5
    4. 7 & 8

When I attach the loopback and look at network connections on the computer it states that "Network Cable is unplugged". I have setup 2 static IP addresses (10.0.0.100 for one and 10.0.0.200 for the other) in both the Burn-N-Test and on the computer for both networks (there is also a USB/etherent network in the computer as well). The USB/ethernet does show that there is unidentified connection and when i run the Burn-N-Test that one test fine but the other one fails because it see no connection. Hope this make s sense. Any idea why this is not working? Thanks

For the standard network test you can either use the internal loopback address or an external IP address like a router or server on your test network. The later is a better test.

Comment

Working...
    X