BIT DirectX Version Check - v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT DirectX Version Check - v6

When the BIT first opens, it first checks to see if DirectX 9.0c Direct 3D August 2008 version is installed.

I've automated the installation of it. However, I need to determine if it's already installed. Right now, I'm installing it automatically each time the test opens. But, that's time consuming.

I can't find an installation of it in the ProgramFiles directory and I checked BIT with ProcMon to determine which registry keys BIT might be looking for. However, there's so many keys and even when I do a search for "direct", I find a bunch of entries where BIT is looking in the Direct3D keys, but I don't see any versions anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

For the latest build of V6.0 of BurnInTest, you can just check that d3dx9_41.dll exists. You could either use LoadLibrary() or check the default directory where the DirectX files are kept (e.g. C:\Windows\System32).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
      For the latest build of V6.0 of BurnInTest, you can just check that d3dx9_41.dll exists. You could either use LoadLibrary() or check the default directory where the DirectX files are kept (e.g. C:\Windows\System32).
      Thanks for the information, Ian. I have a couple of follow up questions though.

I checked that directory for the library and it is indeed there. But when I run the x86 version of BIT on my x64 machine, the DirectX check is still there. If I use the -x switch to prevent that message from appearing, will BIT still fail for DirectX?

If I run the x64 version, there's no issues because I've already installed that DirectX version. Which made me think that there's two different places BIT checks for DirectX based on the PC architecture.

Comment

BurnInTest just loads the library - and lets Windows work out where it is. For 32-BurnInTest on 64-bit Windows, the default location of this file is:
        C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Comment

Working...
        X