BIT 6 - Optical Drive Burn Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT 6 - Optical Drive Burn Test

I'm currently only using the read test for the optical drive, but they want me to change it to the write test.

I was curious though, does it make a difference if we write a CD or DVD. I noticed that Passmark has the option to do both.

If we only do one, would that be a sufficient benchmark on whether or not the optical drive is able to burn disks in general? I just don't want to burn a CD and find the optical drive isn't able to burn DVDs and so on.

As far as I understood though, if it's able to burn one type of disk, it's able to burn all that it's capable of.

In 99% of cases, if a one format can be burnt then the other one will also be OK.

I would do a DVD rather than a CD, because 1) DVDs are now more common and 2) Track spacing etc.. is finer on a DVD so more precision is required.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      In 99% of cases, if a one format can be burnt then the other one will also be OK.

I would do a DVD rather than a CD, because 1) DVDs are now more common and 2) Track spacing etc.. is finer on a DVD so more precision is required.
      Perfect. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
      X