Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly seeking test not supported for this disk

Dear all
    I have one question about "Butterfly seeking test not supported for this disk"
    when I used BuinIn test V6,the OS is WINXP,I used CF card to replace the hard disk,the results showed that "Butterfly seeking test not supported for this disk"
    this is error or not?? it confused me for a long time, hope someone can help explain,Thanks!!

Something leftover?

Release 4.0 build 1008, 23/February/2004 - The disk drive Butterfly seeking test mode requires the disk device driver to support the control code for supplying DISK_GEOMETRY_EX information. Some disks do not support this control code and the older control code is now also attempted. If both fail, a new error message is displayed indicating that the Butterfly test is not supported by this disk drive. This replaces the error "Unable to get disk geometry". This 'INFORMATION' level error may be ignored by editing the BITClassification.txt file.
    http://shup.com/~jory/drivers/02/TEST_FILES/BurnInTest/Readme.txt

Comment

The seek test is for devices that have a mechanical seek function. e.g moving the read head across a disk platter.
      Doesn't really make too much sense to use this with a compact flash card.

Comment

Working...
      X