Deleting BurnInTest Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting BurnInTest Files

Apologies for probably a really simple question but I'm not too savvy on these things.

I've just been trying to clear up my hard drive when I came across the BurnInTest folder which had about 170Gb of files in it. I checked when these files were last accessed and it was around the time I bought my computer, and from the looks of what I found when I googled BurnInTest, these files were just put on my computer by the shop I bought it from for testing purposes.

Am I ok to just delete all these files? Should the shop have left them on there in the first place (esp as they take up about 1/3 of my hard drive)?

Sounds like the shop should have uninstalled BurnInTest. You can safely uninstall BurnInTest, and if any files in the BurnInTest folder remain - then you can delete those.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
      Sounds like the shop should have uninstalled BurnInTest. You can safely uninstall BurnInTest, and if any files in the BurnInTest folder remain - then you can delete those.
      I know this is an old thread, but it intrigues me. Why would PassMark generate 170 GB of files? Are these temp files? I know the PassMark installation isn't that large, so temp files are the only thing I can think of. Even still, that seems excessive.

Comment

They are test files.

The files are created as part of the hard disk test, to make sure the entire surface of the disk can be written to and read from without error.

They are auto-deleted, unless something goes wrong (like a blue screen of death mid-way through testing the hard drive).

Comment

Working...
        X