Cannot script file size for disk test below 1%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot script file size for disk test below 1%

I seem to be having trouble setting the disk test file size below 1%. I can successfully set it as prompted within the GUI down to 0.0001 and it runs perfectly fine. However, when I use that same value, or 0.5, .5, or even "0.5", I receive an error on the startup of BITP stating that an invalid or unrecognized test name was given after the command.

I currently use the default of 1%, which works most of the time, but sometimes due to how cluttered the customer's system is (and that we cannot delete drive contents to free up space), we will receive the error about not enough free space and this seems to disappear by using a tiny file size.

Is there a particular way a decimal value needs to be entered into the script?

Works:
    SETDISK DISK C: MODE CYCLIC FILE 1 BLOCK 4 SMART NO SEEK 10 BADSECTOR NO

Does not work in script but can set in GUI:
    SETDISK DISK C: MODE CYCLIC FILE 0.0001 BLOCK 4 SMART NO SEEK 10 BADSECTOR NO

After receiving the error from the script, viewing the settings in the GUI shows the file size to be 0.0000000 and prompts to set it between 0.0001 and 15%.

It is most likely an oversight in the design of scripting syntax. The field most likely only takes an integer.
    We'll check and get back to you.

Comment

Thanks for looking into this. I will keep checking the page periodically for an updated release.

Comment

The decimal point was not being handled correctly by the script parser so anything after it would not have been included in the file size, this will be fixed in the next public release.

Comment

Is there an ETA on the next public release?

Currently I am using my front-end program to pull the data from defrag <drive> /a to get the size and largest contiguous free space and determine whether it is below 1% until a fix is released. Since scripting cannot handle values below 1% as of yet, some of the drives are not being tested and we are simply relying on the fact that if the OS boots and no obvious errors that everything is assumed to be good.

Comment

We're planning to do a release later today.

Comment

Working...
            X