Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error loading parallel port device driver

Hello,

I get the error message "Error loading parallel port device driver" when I attempt to test the LPT port with a loopback. The device is not in an error state in the device manager, and works fine with other non-windows based diagnostic software.

I'm running:
    Windows 2000 SP4
    P4 2.8GHz
    128MB ram
    Intel i845G chipset

There is no other software installed on the system - it's a clean build.

Thank you.
    Jay W.
    Diagnostic Engineer
    Comark Corporation
    93 West St.
    Medfield, MA 02052
    http://www.comarkcorp.com

This error can happen if you are running BIT from a remote networked hard drive or a removable drive. (Windows stops device drivers being loaded from drives that might be removed at short notice).

----
    David

Comment

Originally posted by PassMark
      This error can happen if you are running BIT from a remote networked hard drive or a removable drive. (Windows stops device drivers being loaded from drives that might be removed at short notice).

----
      David
      Thanks David, that was the problem. We are evaluating the software for possible rollout in our systems dept. and wished to load and log everything to/from the network. If all works out OK, we'll end up purchasing a site license. Do you know of a way around this Windows limitation?

Also, Do you know whether configuration files saved with version 4.0 of your software will be compatible with version 5.0? And lastly, if we were to purchase a site license right now for version 4.0, would there be an upgrade path to version 5.0 when the software is finally released?

Thanks again.
      Jay W.
      Diagnostic Engineer
      Comark Corporation
      93 West St.
      Medfield, MA 02052
      http://www.comarkcorp.com

Comment

We didn't spend a lot of time looking at the parallel port issue not loading from remote drives, as we reasoned that the parallel port was pretty much a thing of the past. It also looked like it was hard coded behaviour in the Windows O/S.

The only solution for the moment is to copy the BurnInTest files to a local drive before running it.

Yes V4 config files can be opened in V5. You might have to change the file name extension however, as that is changing in V5.

If you purchase V4 now, the upgrade to V5 will be free.

V5 should be avilable for sale tomorrow 23/Feb/06 or Monday next week.

-----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X