Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow control for serial port test

Hi
    I'd like to know if BurnInTest windows version serial port test has flow control or not? and how do you implement the flow control? by using HW(CTS/RTS) or SW(XON/XOFF)?

thank you.

BurnInTest will use hardware flow control unless the "Disable RTS/CTS and DSR/DTR test phase" checkbox is checked (which disables hardware flow control when opening the serial port).

Comment

Hi, Tim,

Our Loopback connector does short CTS and RTS, and I believe it does not physically support the hardware flow control.
      We are using BurnIn Test V8.1 Pro, I don't understand if we do serial port loopback test, how does BurnInTest use hardware flow control? Should we select the "Disable RTS/CTS and DSR/DTR test phase" checkbox?

Actually, we met an issue of COM port detected Receive Overrun Error in Win10 when System enables "Connected Standby" mode. I assume that Loopback testing would not support hardware Flow control, and got question about the Serial Port test of BurnIn Test is available to execute in "Connected Standby" mode or not. Could you provide any comment? Thanks.

Regards,
      Victor

Comment

If you don't use the "Disable RTS/CTS and DSR/DTR test phase" option then it sounds like you will likely see a "COM port Clear To Send (CTS) line stuck High/Low" error during the serial test, each cycle BurnInTest will check if the RTS/CTS DTR/DSR pins are able to be triggered high/low correctly and throw an error if they are not.

We haven't personally done any serial testing in Win10 "Connected Standby" mode, it wouldn't be surprising if serial communication was interrupted across different sleep states of a system.

Comment

Working...
        X